Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Michelle Soo Authentic Nyonya Chang

After reading about the delicious Authentic Nyonya Chang from Malacca written by Claire, I quickly made my order. So I received them on Monday 11 May 2020 d55.

The sweet meat fillings are more than the glutinous rice.

I ordered Nyonya Chang with salted egg yolks and there is one whole salted egg yolk in each Nyonya Chang (MYR 8 nett). Very generous with the meat fillings. There is a vegetarian option for this Nyonya Chang at MYR 7 nett each and a chicken meat option. This dumpling is indeed authentic and tasty.

I also ordered Hokkien Bak Changs with Salted Egg Yolks at MYR 8 nett for one.

One whole salted egg yolk as well and the meat fillings with mushrooms taste like Hakka pork dish cooked with cloud ear fungus. Overall, it is a tasty savoury dumpling but a little bit more on the sweet side.

Also ordered rolled pineapple tarts - 20 pieces for MYR 20 nett per tub.

These are the dumplings in the box. Approved non-plastic strings. Can be kept in the freezer for 3 months. When defrost, steam for 15 minutes. Direct from the freezer, steam for 30 minutes. These are the instructions given.

Contactless Delivery all the way from Malacca - Delivery fees = MYR 20 nett.

These are the items available at the time when I placed my order.

Continuation of "These are the items available at the time when I placed my order." Min order 10 pieces of Chang. Delivery to Klang Valley is every Monday and Thursday. So if you are interested, please visit https://www.facebook.com/authenticnyonyachang/ for the contact number to place your order.

This is my order. Half of them are for my friend.

*** 12 May 2020 Tuesday d56 ***

Lunch at 11.07 am - Fried rice with spring onions, luncheon meat, waxed sausage (lap cheong), egg and little gem lettuce. Flavourful! Kept half of the above portion for dinner.

Too flavourful for me so I just try one tablespoon of this fried rice.

This is the vegetarian chung.

25 comments:

  1. So many changs...yum yum😀 the fried rice looks good...though i will dig out the lap cheong and put aside. So u finally cook some rice...eh wait..u bought a rice cooker already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nyonya chang is very worth it at rm 8.00 with so much meat fillings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would want to try. Bought at one place in Malacca, one snotty lady, not that nice. Some much nicer ones in Kuching...or Singapore.
    https://suituapui.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/going-in-circles/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link. Read it. Oh, you are collecting hotel key cards? Don't hotels require guests to return the key cards? Long time I didn't go to Malacca. Can't even remember when was my previous visit.

      Delete
  4. Wow.. you really ordered a lot! I am eyeing the pineapple tarts but she said cannot send to ipoh, they will be messed up... I still have one more left in my fridge.. they are good, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half of my order is for my friend. Yes, the pineapple tarts are very fragile, need to use a spoon to eat.

      Delete
  5. Wow..the nyonya chang looks so tempting. I wish there are authentic nyonya chang sellers in KL. Tried the stall in Petaling Street but the nyonya chang was not nice at all. Best ones I tried are from Melaka 'Rendesvous' something near Jonker Walk and one nyonya kueh seller in Penang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, can order all the way from Malacca.

      Delete
  6. I also got mine delivered on 11-05-2020! Will be trying one tonight. I kept one in the fridge and the rest in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! You did buy! Please let us know what you think of them. :)

      Delete
  7. I love changs with salted egg in them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one has one whole salted egg yolk in one Chang. Very generous!

      Delete
  8. The Nyonya Bak Chang you ordered looked tempting and good. I might order to try it myself. The ingredients look more than what Kim Wah sells. I am also interested to eat good pineapple tarts because Melaka is famous for such cookies.

    My wife has stopped taking orders for a while as she has a full time job to focus with the MOH. I told her to stop as it is just her hobby and friends jumped wagon to persuade her to sell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PH also ordered this nyonya Chang. Let's wait for her review. Yes, I understand. Maybe one day when you learn how to make nyonya Chang and when you have retired from your CEO job, you can make them to sell for charity and I will get to buy fr you then. Finger crossed to be able to eat your wife authentic recipe nyonya Chang one day. :)

      Delete
    2. What a joke! I am not a CEO but a street salesman. I don't think I have the passion to cook or bake like my mother and my wife. I just support them by eating.

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha, ya we support by eating.

      Delete
  9. Hmm too much filling inside the nonya chang? Like not so balanced.

    I haven't tried the Ipoh bak chang I ordered yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try and write about it. See you like the taste or not.

      Delete
    2. If hubby doesn't finish it secretly by himself.

      Delete
    3. Wah, so your hubby likes to eat Bak chang!

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete