Friday, May 15, 2020

Yam and Pandan

Pandan Layered Cake - 500 g at MYR 32 nett. Cut into 6 slices.

Yam Layered Cake - 500 g at MYR 32 nett.

Another view

A view of the outer side.

Top View.

Ate two slices.

My previous order was 2 x 500 g of mixed pandan and yam cakes because I was told my order of one 500 g pandan and one 500 g yam layered cake cannot be fulfilled so when the fb organiser says this round, my initial order could be fulfilled I ordered again.

Contactless delivery on Monday 11 May 2020 d55. Delivery fees is MYR 13 nett.

After one night in the fridge, the yam cake is still very soft and moist.

Too soft and moist so I put one slice into the freezer to experiment how it would taste like the next day. 
Verdict:
This cake is not suitable to be frozen because it turned to stone when frozen and melted when thawed but I ate it all so none was wasted.
I kept the cake immediately into the fridge when I received it and on the 4th day, it was a bit off so best to eat the whole cake within 3 days as mentioned on the box itself.



14 comments:

  1. Both look good, nicely layered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, cannot keep long cos of the santan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must like this very much to order again. This type if cake is not suitable for freezing and must eat fast due to the santan. If I see it at the bakery, I would buy to enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because it is very tasty! You are so right, not suitable for freezing. Aeon bakery has this sometimes but it is not as tasty.

      Delete
  4. Gosh that's a lot for just two of you. In normal times, the interesting thing about this shop is prices exactly in proportion to size. Quarter cake RM16, half cake 32 and whole cake 64.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the cake house is within walking distance of my house, I would buy quarter cake each time. Unfortunately it is so far away. :(

      Delete
  5. That day i bought tapioca cake, becomes very hard after frozen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried the Yam before but I prefer the Pandan flavour as it is more fragrant.

    ReplyDelete