Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Roast chicken fish paste

Over the long weekend, I read two very touching articles so I would like to share them here:
1. A young woman makes COVID-19 warning her dad's final gift to the world by reuters.
2. Special Report: In Oklahoma pork-packing town, COVID stirs fear, faith and sorrow by reuters.

I quote an excerpt from Article 1:
"As the United States opens up, Jose’s family agreed to be photographed and interviewed because they thought their gut-wrenching reality might help save lives.
“I feel like some people are failing to understand that this is serious,” said his daughter, Jessica Holguin, 25. “This is real. It’s literally killing people. It’s killing our communities, our loved ones, our friends, our family members, moms, dads, brothers, sisters.”
“Don’t take your life for granted. Wear your masks,” said Jessica. “Take precautions.”"

*** Monday 25 May 2020 d69 ***
We were passing Sushi Mentai at Sri Petaling at around 6 pm and saw that there were many people standing outside the eatery without 1 meter between them. We did not go near to see what it is all about but guess that it is either they are waiting to dine-in or waiting for their take-aways. Good news for Sushi Mentai for having good business but no so good news for CMCO because they are not exactly 1 meter apart from each other.

*** Tuesday 26 May 2020 d70 ***

Bought this boneless half chicken from CY Essentials by Cheryl fb at MYR 37 nett.

It is a special dish because beneath the chicken meat, there are fish paste made from Spanish Mackerel fish. The fish paste is very flavourful, full of umami taste. Cheryl also sells other products such as uncooked ytf for customers to cook at home.

10.41 am - went out for an errand so at the same time, bought our favourite yee mee pork noodles at MYR 6.50 nett from Swee Heng coffee shop in Sri Petaling which has not opened for dine in yet which makes it easier to buy takeaway from there without having to maneuver through tables and chairs since the shop has removed all tables and chairs from the floor.

At the same time, from the same shop, I buy a pack of CKT at MYR 7 nett.

11.18 am - this is my portion.

To my horror, the broccoli that was delivered on Saturday 23 May 2020 d67 is halfway to full yellow in the fridge so I quickly washed and microwaved it with just a tablespoon of water.

Eating it plain without any seasonings, without any oil.

Then I washed and cut the traffic light bell peppers. Cut and eat, cut and eat since I like eating them raw. The red bell pepper is the sweetest. The yellow bell pepper has the mildest taste amongst the 3 of them. The green bell pepper has a raw green taste. Then keep the remaining in the fridge because they will be made into an omelette.

Two cups of Calrose rice cooked with soup over stove fire with mushrooms, gingers, smoky streaky bacon, garlic so it is very flavourful but not salty as no salt was used. The whole dish reminds me of risotto.

Also bought 500 g of frozen curry wild boar (MYR 29 nett) and 500 g of frozen curry mutton (MYR 39 nett) from Cheryl. She is kind enough to pack each of them into two containers so that I can defrost just one container for a day's meals.

Contactless Delivery on Tuesday 26 May 2020 d70. Delivery fee is MYR 10 nett.

12.33 noon - finished both kap chung and red bean ham chim peang bought from Lai Lai Dessert Shop two days ago on Sunday 24 May 2020 d68.

26 comments:

  1. Still many people do not care about social distancing...because they belum kena.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wild boar sounds delicious. Is it better than the farmed pigs? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ur meals consist of homecooked, tapao and deliveries...such a variety! I will only tapao whn there is no food left to cook at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mother cooks right? So u won't get much chance to tapao.

      Delete
  4. People are so very disobedient!
    Ooooo...ckt! Read all about me and the ckt I wanted to buy in my blogpost coming soon. Sighhhh!!!!
    Chicken and fish paste - I've had chicken and ham before, very nice.
    Your rice looks so good, makes me think of lor mai kai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok will read about your ckt. More to risotto than lo Mai Kai.

      Delete
  5. The boneless roast chicken looks good. So unusual that it has fish paste underneath. Must be a specialty and sounds tasty.I would have composted that yellowing broccoli. Did it taste all right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the broccoli tastes fine. Yes the roast chicken fish paste is a novelty dish. I wonder how they make it. Must take effort.

      Delete
  6. I had ckt for breakfast today. :)

    Roast chicken looked yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice right? The ckt? The roast chicken got fish paste beneath its skin.

      Delete
  7. I like the boneless chicken with fish paste underneath. Don't get this often. I love to eat yellow capsicum raw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so you have eaten this roast chicken with fish paste before. It sure is a novelty.

      Delete
  8. LOL. What long weekend?? You have been at home for many weeks and months now. That's super long weeks we had. I am going nuts when my wife told me that MCO will most probably be extended.

    I had goosebumps to hear about your broccoli turning yellowish. You were amazing to eat them without oil or seasoning flavours. You sound like a happy goat. Muahahaha

    I love that boneless chicken you had from CY Essentials. It looked good with crispy skin from the photo. I want to try to roast this boneless chicken too with salt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is because I work from home during weekdays, put in more time than during office so it is indeed a long weekend for me. I so wish to be like you, long long break that I want to resign from my job but all my friends ask me to hang on so I am hanging on. If only I can be vegetarian. Still cannot now. The chicken has fish paste underneath the skin so you can try to do that too.

      Delete
  9. Amazed that you can eat veggies without any seasoning. I would like to try that roast chicken with fish paste, dont think we can get there hete, so unusual.

    Are you planning to resign without a job?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can taste the veggies true taste when no seasoning is used at all, very nice. Very unique, right? The chicken fish paste. Going to hang on because everyone advises me not to resign.

      Delete
    2. I thought you enjoy working from home.

      Delete
  10. *dont think ww can get it here

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your rice looks like yam rice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good variety of food!

    Ya one thing about cooking is you have to monitor and plan to use up food before they have the chance to turn bad. At least you aren't fussy how you have them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha so much work, don't think want to buy more fresh veggies n raw meat anymore. Lolx. Ya I can just microwave n eat everything without any seasonings. Lolx!

      Delete
  13. The boneless chicken with a layer of fish paste was available at some Chinese restaurants in the 1980s and 1990s. Sometimes, it was part of the "Four Seasons" platter of wedding dinners.

    ReplyDelete