Sunday, May 17, 2020

Nothing Simpler

This was my lunch yesterday (Saturday 16 May 2020 d60) at about 2.30 pm. The bowl contains vinegar trotter gravy jelly which I couldn't bear to pour away after Not-My-Lunch the previous day so I kept it in the fridge to turn into jelly and I ate it as a jelly on its own. The rice is the remaining half portion from 13 days ago (bought on Sunday 3 May 2020 d47) and it still smells good after reheating (microwaving) it. I ate the rice with some raw almonds from my stash of nuts.

Is this the simplest lunch or not? Or this meal could not be considered as lunch at all, just a snack? This is because I see all the wonderful dishes PH's partner cooked for himself and all the comments saying oh, so simple, oh, so simple, I was scratching my head - what is so simple about his dishes? They are all so tasty and took real effort to cook. Want to see simple food - see what I eat and that is simple. Sometimes I just eat plain bread for lunch and that's it. Too lazy to lift a finger to cook so got to eat the simplest food. lolx!

More meals here that are considered simple by Nancy and Claire but nothing simple by my standard. Guess my standard is pretty low. lolx!

9.30 am - Shared breakfast of 13-days old in the fridge Hakka Stewed pork belly (bought on 3 May 2020 Sunday d47) with Hicomi noodles which soaked up the gravy wonderfully. The portion of hakka stewed pork belly is quite a lot so some of them are kept in the fridge for the next day.

This is my portion with a few pieces of lean pork. Then I ate about 6 pineapple rolls without dots from the fridge because I want to clear them, 5 more to go for the next day.

1pm, just realized that these two cubes of banana cake are hiding in the fridge for 21 days after arriving here on Saturday 25 April 2020 d39 so got them out and ate one of them. Will eat the 2nd one the next day.

Oh no! I have forgotten about these strawberries. They hide themselves in the fridge for 8 days after arriving here on  8 May 2020 Friday d52 and only about half (21) could be salvaged. For those who wants to maintain perfect health, please don't consume fruits that are in close proximity with fruits that have gone bad but please just discard all of them together. Against my better judgement, I went ahead and ate those that look and taste fine.

Goodbye 18 strawberries. Sorry I have forgotten about you all. That day Nancy mentioned about her tomatoes going bad in the fridge and now it is my turn. So sad, so it is time for better food inventory management in the fridge.

4.30 pm - Not-My-Dinner of curry instant noodles, fried egg and the only remaining slice of luncheon meat in the fridge. For dinner, I ate 6 of 10 Texas Chicken Honey Butter Biscuit so there are 5 more to clear so 5 more days to go at a pace of one per day.

14 comments:

  1. So sad to hear about the strawberries...i like the curry instant noodles with egg & spam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so sad about the strawberries. Long time didn't see you write about eating instant noodles!

      Delete
  2. Jelly? You did not heat it up? I would prefer the Hakka stewed pork with rice - it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, didn't hear it up because I feel it is nicer to eat the vinegar trotter gravy as jelly. Eat the hakka stewed pork belly with noodles is very nice because the noodles soak up all the gravy.

      Delete
  3. Stewed Hakka pork belly will taste good even after many days in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hah..hah..yes, yours is simpler than simple! I am amazed by your tastebuds hee..hee.. The banana cake was still good after 21 days in the fridge. wow! I have never kept cake for so long in the fridge. I too have eaten strawberries that were in the same box and the bad ones. So sayang to throw. Luckily nothing bad happened. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the banana cake still tastes very good. Ya so sayang to throw.

      Delete
  5. Curry instant noodles with the egg and luncheon meat for me please. Sorry for not visiting your blog early enuff recently as my lazy mode is set. So lazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better late than never. Thanks for dropping by. You must be busy cleaning your house or reading or cooking soup.

      Delete
  6. Your fridge is really hilarious to me like a safe of The Pirates of The Carribean. So much hidden loot inside until you forgot. My mum used to stick a paper list on the fridge door with a magnet so that she had some idea how many little ingredients she kept inside. Her leftovers seldom lasted over 2 days.

    You are a very simple and easy person to even gobble down rice with almonds and drink down the jelly! Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your late mother was so organized. You must have gotten many skills and traits from her. Ya, I just eat to live as long as the food is edible.

      Delete
  7. I can be pretty chinchai with food too. Not that I would be very happy with the meal, but ok to fill the stomach and clear off the food.

    The honey butter biscuits story is so funny haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I on the other hand am quite happy with the meal. :D Still two honey butter biscuits remaining so will be all cleared on Thursday.

      Delete