Monday, April 27, 2020

Local Fruit Box Eat Raw Sweet Corn

*** Friday 24 April 2020 d38 ***

Bought a local fruit box for MYR 30 nett to help out local farmers with delivery fees MYR 10 to help out public transporters so total cost is MYR 40 for one honey melon, two guavas, one papaya, two star fruits, two pineapples, 5 bananas in one bunch from Mr Banana farm, and 3 sweet corns.

As one of the pineapple is ripe, I spent some time to cut it up. Eat and cut, eat and cut or rather it is cut and eat, cut and eat and ended up with one container to store in the fridge. Like Libby says in her comment, buying whole fruits involved a lot of cutting.

It has been a long, long, long time since I last eat a star fruit. Both star fruits fit in one container to go into the fridge. Do you cut star fruit horizontally to show the star shape or vertically into strips? My mother used to feed us star fruits when we were young. Ah, the memories. Ate some while cutting, taste exactly the same as the star fruits that I ate when young.

Cut up one guava because it seems to be ripe into one container and into the fridge it goes. Tastes the same as the ones my mother used to feed us as children.

Three sweet corns on the cob. I removed the husk and the silk. Ate one raw corn on the cob - so very sweet and tender. Very tasty so it is good to be eaten raw because it is fresh. Left two to be eaten tomorrow.

So I have one honey melon, 3 bananas of 5 (we ate one each), one papaya, one guava and one pineapple uncut. Should last me for one week.

Instant noodles kosong with blanched cabbage and one piece of Texas Chicken tender (not in photo) for dinner at 6 pm.

Not-my-lunch of curry instant noodles, blanched cabbage and two Texas Chicken tenders at 1 pm.

My breakfast of instant oats with dried cranberries and almonds at 10 am with Royce Baton Cookies Coconut as dessert.

I did not know that it has chocolate underneath the cookie so I took it out from the fridge and the chocolate melted. There are strings of coconut (yay char) in the cookie. Amazing, such a very thin piece of cookie, they manage to put yay char inside.

10 comments:

  1. So many fruits! They do not keep so well and I am not keen on going out so often to buy so I am not eating as much fruits unlike what I would do usually. I guess I can just eat more vegetables instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must share the fruits cos u r right that they cannot be kept for a long time. Yes, better not go out. I have not been out for more than 14 days since going out on 11 April 2020 to buy things for the elderly at home. Eating vegetables more should be sufficient like you said above.

      Delete
  2. I calculated the contents of your fruit box and it is really worth the total price of RM40. We will often have to pay more than that amount for 6 types of fruits. I actually enjoy cutting fruits and have patience to peel them since a small child.

    I normally cut the star fruit in the shape of Stars too. It's happier to eat that shape. 😂😂

    My mother taught me some simple fanciful carvings to cut watermelons and pineapples to decorate the plates when serving guests. Thai folks are too creative with patience in vegetable and fruit carvings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah, thanks thanks for taking the time to calculate. I am not too concerned about the price because it is for charity. One steak would be ten times the price if I were to eat steak.

      Wah, u r so patient. Please carve some fruits and show us since u r bored stay-at-home. U r right, star shape is more interesting n happy than long strips.

      Delete
  3. That's a good selection in the fruits box. Seems very worth the price to me also since fruit prices are normally quite high.

    I always had starfruit in star shapes (starfruit is very common in Perak) when young. It was only when I was a teenager that I went to a relative's house and was served starfruit strips. Advantage of strips of course being no need to spit out the seed part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fruit box is from Johor tengah local farmers. Supposed to be to help them so should sell more expensive, right? only myr30 for the fruit box. Myr10 is for transport. Oh, so cut starfruit shape is more popular than strips. If strips didn't remove seeds, also need to spit out.

      Delete
    2. Star shapes are way easier to cut! Just chop chop. Strips gotta examine the fruit and find where to slice. I thought the whole point of strips is to remove the seeds.

      Delete
    3. Oh is the point of cutting strips is to remove the seeds? When I cut it into strips, the seeds did fall out on their own.

      Delete
  4. I don't eat much fruit, unlike my partner who eats oranges everyday. Generally I like fruits except for a few like starfruit. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so you have eaten starfruit and did not like them. So your partner needs to go to supermarket regularly to replenish his orange supply? Does he eat Navel or Valencia oranges? I prefer Navel to Valencia.

      Delete