Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Boon Signature Roast Pork

Contactless Delivery by Mr Speedy Delivery from Boon Signature Roast Pork, Damansara Jaya on yesterday, the last day of March 2020 (d14). You can buy food from Boon Roast Pork via Grabfood but my area is not included so I had to use the http://app.theother.kitchen/#/BoonRoastPork to get my food from them. 

Mr Speedy Delivery is very efficient, delivering the food to me at 10.59 am, right on time as I specify 11 am to 12 noon. The Mr Speedy Delivery app tracks the journey too so I know exactly when to expect the food and to be ready. They will call you to confirm your house address because just the road address is given to the delivery personnel. The delivery fees for my order is MYR 15 which is about 10% of the total price of my food so I take it as the 10% service charge that we paid for when we are eating in restaurants.

Boon Signature Roast Pork is also very efficient too. After I placed and paid for my order on Monday 30 March 2020 (one day before the delivery date) through the other kitchen website, I discovered that I made a typo on my hp number so I contacted Boon Roast Pork via their fb to rectify the error and it was rectified promptly although Monday is their rest day. Fast reply from them.

500g of roast pork and 500g of char siew. I chose to have them vacuum packed but it did not affect the taste.

The Roast Pork (Belly). Boon Roast Pork is quite popular so I don't have to talk about its taste. You can read other reviews online. Layers of meat in between layers of fat, one after another. The skin is still very crispy after the roast pork has been removed from the vacuum packaging. This piece of roast pork will last us for a few days. 500g costs MYR 61.50 nett with an additional MYR 1 to have it in vacuum packaging. 

The meat is tender and juicy. It does not have the taste of nam yee (fermented red bean curd) and also does not have the taste of 5 spice powder like the roast pork that we buy from wet market but it has a distinct fragrant smell that I cannot identify. Major fail on my part, hahaha but then I am no food expert.

Char Siew (BBQ pork). 500g costs the same as the Roast Pork above. There are about 6 strips of meat but I did not count. Similar to the roast pork, it has a layer of fat and a layer of meat so it is not for those who look for less fatty parts in char siew and roast pork. Main taste is sweet with smoky charred edges. Meat is not as tender as the Roast Pork. This will last us for a few days too.

Rice with Roast Pork, BBQ Pork and Roast Chicken at MYR 17 nett. The Roast Chicken breast meat is tender so I like it. They put the Roast Pork on top of a piece of plastic sheet to keep the skin crispy by not soaking up the gravy from the rice. The gravy has a bit of Lap Cheong (wax sausage) taste. Both of us shared this packet of rice for lunch.

We ate it with blanched bok choy.

 I did not know that they would include these two packs of freshly made chicken rice chili dip or else I would have sent them a message via fb to ask them not to include them as we don't need them. The freshly made chili dip is very fragrant so I don't have the heart to throw them away so I am storing them inside my fridge for the time being to be eaten with some other food.

They even included instructions on how to heat up the roast pork. Do not use microwave. Only electric oven, toaster over or air fryer should be used to reheat the meat.

My order list. Total price of food and delivery is MYR 157 nett. Well, that is the price to pay to have juicy roast pork from the comfort of one's home. But that amount of meat will last us for about 10 days so that makes it worth the while.

For dessert, I ate this "Kit Kat Okinawa Beni Imo Purple Sweet Potato" all buy myself. It is coated with sweet potato milk chocolate and I can detect the taste of the purple sweet potatoes but because I ate all by myself, it was very, very, very sweet. I still prefer the Sake Kit Kat which does not taste that sweet due to the Sake taste.

18 comments:

  1. The roast pork and char siew sound delicious from the way you describe it. Very efficient service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, efficient. Tasty if u like pork but I find the fat is a bit much.

      Delete
  2. Yummy roast pork....i prefer to eat with chili dip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually associate the chili dip with chicken rice.

      Delete
  3. Oooo...looks so good. I sure would want to buy the char siew to bring home if ever I get to go to KL. Can't get good char siew here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vacuum pack so can bring home, no issues gua.

      Delete
  4. Ooo... That is so good to be able to enjoy roast and char siew during this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think stalls still got sell but I just want to buy in bulk.

      Delete
  5. Would love to try this as missing my chicken and char siew rice :) Hope they deliver to Shah Alam :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they do. Why don't you try ordering through the other kitchen app or grabfood.

      Delete
  6. It is worth paying because siew yoke and char siew are not something we want to slave over the kitchen for. I would rather pay someone else to do it. Besides you get to enjoy the porkie delites over a few days. Wah, I am also tempted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious. Our favourite roast pork stall is open so roast pork is available. One of these days, I might made char siew if I have the mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are good at making char siew. I think the roast pork stalls in my vicinity is still open too but I want to stay home so got to order via delivery.

      Delete
  8. Looks good looks good. My area has very limited stores doing delivery here also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More for uncooked stuff actually like meat, veg, fruit. Tesco is all full up.

      Delete
    2. jaya grocer also stop their delivery services.

      Delete