Monday, April 20, 2020

Local Red Dragon Fruit Charity Vegetables

I am down to 3 navel oranges. Instead of buying imported fruits, I thought to myself why not support local products so I ordered ten red dragon fruits and a watermelon from Organic Dragon Valley, Sepang which were delivered to me on Saturday 18 April 2020 d32.
I asked for a small red water melon around 3kg which costs MYR 8 nett.

The red dragon fruit is 2AA size which is big. One fruit can be shared by two persons. 5 x 2AA costs MYR 23 nett.

Sweet and juicy. One red dragon fruit filled up this casserole pot. This photo shows one third of one fruit.

This is the price list so total price for my order is MYR 56 nett.

This is the number to contact to buy the fruits. They sell potatoes 1kg for MYR 7 nett and corns too - 5 at MYR 10 nett or 1 at MYR 2.50 nett.

*** Sunday 19 April 2020 d33 ***

I saw this so I ordered one box of vegetables at MYR 40 nett to support this event.

The box was delivered in the morning. There are a lot of choy sum and big bok choy so I gave half to my neighbour.

one cabbage.

7 tomatoes and 4 cucumbers.

16 comments:

  1. What a coincidence! I have Dragon Fruits and Watermelon at home too. It took me some years to appreciate the Dragon Fruits as they looked like eating red dye with blood around my mouth. LOLOL

    I think the farmers who are selling directly to customers would continue the same way after the MCO is lifted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope that they will continue to deliver to direct to the house. The fruits are in his or her fridge?

      Delete
  2. I think i will like red dragon fruit as i like sweet and juucy fruits. Monkey see monkey eat i must go grab some tmr lolx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, you have never eaten red dragon fruit before? I hope you like it. So sad to hear mcd sg close until may5 but it is for everyone's safety.

      Delete
    2. Maybe hv eaten before but seldom.

      Delete
  3. I certainly would buy if it's in aid of the needy. Sad, a lot of people suffering at this point in time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dragon fruit. Nice and juicy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought 3 dragon fruits too...red is more expensive than the white.. 3 for RM10.. and this morning I went to the market to get bananas and green vege... the RM12 batch is finished already.. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wah, so nice you can go to the market. I don't drive so cannot go anywhere except walking distance.

      Delete
  6. I prefer veggies to fruits. I am not a fan of dragon fruit because I don't like the flavor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hhmmm, I wonder what flavour you are talking about. It is just sweet, juicy and refreshing to me.

      Delete
  7. Problem with ordering is you end up with a lot. Those dragon fruit aren't much smaller than the watermelon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Need a big fridge. The dragon fruit are 2AA size so means it is XL size. If want smaller ones, the smallest is C size which may be too small for 2 persons to share.

      Delete