Thursday, April 9, 2020

FNQ Avocado Fried Rice

8 April 2020 Wednesday (d22). I am enjoying working from home and does not mind doing it for much, much longer so that everyone is safe.

8 am. Not-my-breakfast of roast pork, little gem lettuce and bread. The honey mustard on top of the roast pork is from myBurgerLab popcorn chicken.

10.30 am. My breakfast - half a FNQ Avocado with sprouted grain bread. Creamy! So yummy! FNQ is the acronym for Far North Queensland. 3 Hass Avocado for MYR 23.90 nett. This is the expected price for good quality avocados because it is fully ripe with unblemished flesh. I believe Supreme Fresh has specially selected ripe avocados to be delivered to their customers.

We scrapped every bit off the skin.

12 noon. For lunch, it is fried rice because we have rice, petai, char siew, luncheon meat, little gem lettuce, sweetish dark soy sauce in the fridge. Petai and sauce are from the Petai Char Kway Teow ordered from Mama Cooking on Sunday 5 April 2020 (d19).

Close up. We did not use any cooking oil because the fats from the char siew is enough to make the rice oily.

1 pm. This is my portion. I ate all the fats from the char siew because all the oil has already gone into the rice so the fats are no longer fatty.

1.30 pm. This is the McD large fries from 2 April 2020 Thursday (d14) from my fridge. Need to clear it. Still have two McD large fries there after eating this pack.

20 comments:

  1. Homecooked fried rice with luncheon meat and char siew? Yums! My kind of fried rice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ur fried rice is full of porky goodness...i want to hav some too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The not-your-breakfast always looks so good! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife is crazy over avocado and would drink their signature Avocado Juice daily when we were in Indonesia. I just stared at her and squirmed at the weird taste! Hahahaha I will learn to drink this juice. Now I am googling whether we can grow them in Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, can grow avocado here. another type. Do you eat avocados?

      Delete
  5. Since MCO started, haven't eaten petai. I love petai fried rice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like fried rice with petai.. that day I ordered petai with sambal prawns.. so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am missing avocado, looking at your photos.

    Oh my. That is one lovely fried rice. So far I havent try fried rice with petai. I started to acquire the petai taste last year. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good that you have re-purposed the petai and sauce in the fried rice. Looks really delicious, something I would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, we reuse n recycle things, even food! lolx!

      Delete
  9. Very hard to get good avocado. I have thrown away so many for being under-ripe or over-ripe. In that sense, worth it paying for edible and yummy ones.

    ReplyDelete