Saturday, April 4, 2020

Favourite Ice Cream Stick

*** Frozen McD Sundae ***
So for breakfast yesterday 3 April 2020 (restart d3), I ate the frozen McD Strawberry Sundae from my freezer. The Sundae has hardened but not solid hard like an ice cube but harder than normal ice cream though the spoon can still scoop it without exerting any strength so I like the hardened texture of Sundae more than its original smooth silky texture.

I enjoyed the Strawberry flavour though it is a bit too sweet for me. Nowadays I seldom eat McD Sundae, only McD ice cream cone but because I bought the set and it includes Sundae that I ate it. For lunch, we shared the nasi lemak and two pieces of chicken from yesterday McD. For dinner, we ate half of the McD Nuggets with slices of bread.

*** Biscuits Biscuits ***

Last Friday night (27 March 2020 d10), I feel like eating chocolate biscuits but I just want to stay home so I thought of buying from supermarkets online delivery. The next day I went online and found that all delivery slots of the supermarkets that offer this service are full until further notice so I can't get my biscuits from the usual supermarkets like Tesco online, Jaya Grocer and etc.

So I went on Shopee to search and found this shop: Joe Meng Food Trading Sdn Bhd with a physical store located in Taman Melawati. I was too happy shopping away for biscuits until my online shopping cart is filled with biscuits and I bought them on Saturday itself. 

On Monday (30 March 2020 d13), they called me to say one of my item is not available and gave me a choice of two items to choose as replacement so I chose the Lexus vegetables crackers to replace the Lexus Chocolate Sandwich. Then the parcel was packed on Monday itself and collected by the courier JT Express (delivery charge is MYR 16.01) on Tuesday (31 March 2020 d14) and delivered to me on Thursday (2 April 2020 restart d2) so it took about 5 days from the moment I paid to collecting the biscuits - not bad. I would say good service from both the vendor and the courier though the box did sleep in two separate storage hub for one night each. From Gombak, it went to Klang for a night and then to Cheras for another night before being sent to me. As before, it was contactless delivery and they put the large box which weighs 18.56 kg on the car. As of 3 April 2020 (restart d3), I have not eaten any of the biscuits yet because I am occupied with eating McD. lolx!

18.56 kg of biscuits.

Contactless delivery, box placed on car. I am amazed by how the person packing my order managed to neatly put all the biscuits into one box without crushing them. The box was not big enough so they even use the flaps of the opening of the box as walls to make the box taller. Amazing! They are so skillful. To think they are risking their lives going to work daily so that I can get my biscuits.

I checked the expiry dates. Non are expired.

Top view.

I think I will have to take some to the office after 14 April 2020.

Spent MYR 130.80 nett on biscuits not including delivery charges. Staying home means online food shopping. As this receipt is not clear, below is the list of biscuits that I bought from my online shopping cart.

Tiger, Munchy Lexus, Oat Krunch, Captain Munchy.


One of my favourite biscuits - Julie's Cheese


The last item Lexus Chocolate Sandwich is the one not in stock and so was replaced by the Lexus Vegetables Crackers which cost the same.


*** Favourite Ice Cream Stick ***

On the next morning, continue to eat the balance of the large kfc whipped potatoes with sprouted grains bread from Rainbow bread. This time I tasted the whipped potatoes carefully, it is the whipped potatoes itself that is very salty when cold, not the gravy. The gravy is very peppery. I ate them all cold direct from my fridge as brunch on 28 March 2020 sat (d11).

More than one large scoop.

Ate a cold chicken drumstick from the fridge to mop up the gravy because I don't want to pour the gravy into the sink so I rather pour the gravy into my tummy.

Later in the evening on the same day, I ate my favourite ice cream.

 Solero Split at MYR 1.20 nett bought from 7-11.

On 25 march 2020 Tue (d8), my spouse went out alone in search of a loaf of bread but the 7-11 staff told him all sold out once the bread arrives at 11 am so he bought  pack of Mighty White Red Bean Buns instead and my favourite ice cream for me without me asking him to. So thoughtful of him.

Then my sweet tooth hit me so I rummaged my fridge and found two Chiate pineapple and salted egg yolk pastries I bought in Taipei in 2018 so I ate them both. They are still very tasty, the pastry is buttery, the pineapple filling has pineapple taste, just that the salted egg yolk has dried up a bit so it is crumbly but is expected since the best before date is 22 11 2018 which is 1 year and 4 months ago.

My sweet tooth was still not satisfied so I ate a pack of 4 Munchy Biscuits with Chocolate Cream sandwiched in between. (I suspect this was what triggered me to want to eat more biscuits) And ended my meal with half an orange.

This is brunch on 29 March 2020 Sunday (d12). The best before date for the ocean spray cranberries is 23 01 2019, which is 1 year and 2 months ago. This stay at home is helping me to clear my fridge. I must have better stock management so that I don't need to keep eating expired food. lolx!

Add two pieces of savoury crackers to the sweet and tart cranberries. I only added hot water to the instant Quaker Oats so the cranberries and crackers will be the ones giving flavour to the oats. Bon appetit!

18 comments:

  1. I had eaten solero split lime and vanilla flavour and i like it too! Especially the vanilla creamy flavour, yums! I believe a lot of people are also ordering essential items and food items online like you too. I don't need to order online because the supermarket is just downstair my house just that i need to wear a mask when i am going out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lotsa assorted biscuits accumulated over the months coz i seldom eat them. It comes in handy now when i m hungry or low sugar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes biscuits definitely save hunger quickly.

      Delete
  3. LOL! That is a lot of biscuits! I find that when I eat biscuits, one piece leads to another until I can finish the whole packet. Ah..the sundae is still good after freezing though a bit harder. So can buy in advance and freeze for later. I have eaten expired dried cranberry too. It is ok since it is dried and kept in the fridge. Can last a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, you are right. will keep eating non stop until the whole pack is finished. The sundae is frozen hard but still scoopable. Ya, I am ok with eating food way past best by dates when I have stored them in the fridge.

      Delete
  4. Sundae for breakfast? Wow. I prefer something warm in the morning. I freeze my sundae before when I can't finish it. Haha. I like softer version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love solero lime ice cream. You will never run out of biscuits. So many variety of biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that is a LOT of biscuits you ordered. Shopee normally has free shipping.

    I've been looking for those lime ice-cream but can't find at my nearby Jaya Grocer. With the 10km restriction, I don't dare venture further.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 711 should have. no 711 within 10km of your house?

      Delete
    2. Nope no 711 anywhere near.

      Delete
    3. Oh, I thought 711 are everywhere.

      Delete