Sunday, April 5, 2020

Ham Luncheon Meat

What else, Instant noodles with KFC chicken, little gem lettuce again for lunch on monday 30 March 2020 (d13). This time two slices of "chopped pork and ham" are added which I tried a bit of. Very salty but with the expected taste of luncheon meat. The taste is fine, just don't eat too much because it is very salty.

MeiNing brand Chopped Pork and Ham at MYR 15.50 nett bought from Jaya Grocer, Midvalley Mall.

My lunch: no "Chopped Pork and Ham" because it is very salty. Just a small chunk of kfc chicken, little gem lettuce and instant noodles. I eat to live not live to eat, I guess because I can eat the same food for days.

*** Sunday 5 April 2020 d19 ***
Yeast mantao. Fermented yeast taste is strong but still nice so I finished eating both in a few days.

KFC again. Bargain Feast 12 pieces Hot and Spicy MYR 55.90 nett inclusive of one large Whipped Potatoes and one 1.5L pepsi black. Used code for MYR 10 off and bought own ala carte 2 pieces original chicken at MYR 10.60 nett. Delivery fees MYR 4 so total is MYR 60.50 nett but 55.90 was reimbursed. Delivery motorcycle nearly roll downhill. Luckily did not but was struggling so did not order after that.

14 comments:

  1. Canned pork and ham can be very salty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These luncheon meat is full of msg flavouring and cannot eat mch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true. just eat a few slices for flavour.

      Delete
  3. I buy Porkies, Danish luncheon meat. Not into canned meat or anything from China.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no other brands around during this period. so buy la.

      Delete
  4. I bought Tulip brand. I too agree that they are salty, can't eat too often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tulip sold out. true, cannot eat them often.

      Delete
  5. I dont buy China made luncheon meats anymore. My favourite is Porkies. Not too salty. Next alternative is Tulip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let me look for porkies brand next time after all this is over.

      Delete
  6. I can eat the same food for many days too. Some luncheon meat brands like Tulip from Denmark are simply too salty. I cannot tolerate food that is too salty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tulip is one of the better brands or so it seems.

      Delete
  7. I have Golden Bridge brand from Singapore. Find it too salty though.

    I have Lotte from Korea too but haven't tried yet.

    People also recommend Tulip and Spam brands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe we have bought all to try. now just buy whatever brand that has stock. beggars can't be choosers.

      Delete