Sunday, March 12, 2023

Shen Niu Starling Mall

On Sunday 12.mar.2023, went to uptown to run an errand and so tried to eat as much food as possible from the shops in uptown.

One of the food that I would like to try is the beef soup from Shen Niu, starling mall after reading PH's review:


And I would also like to try the beef soup at Kean Seng Kopitiam but due to lack of stomach space, Kean Seng beef soup would have to wait until our next trip:

https://phonghongbakes.blogspot.com/2022/11/finally-i-eat-at-kean-seng-kopitiam.html

12.59 noon - A bowl of Signature Mixed Beef noodles without the noodles and without rice shared by the two of us. I like the taste of the spices in the soup. Taste is in the same category of beef soup as Din Tai Fung beef soup. Although the soup is on the salty side but I wasn't thirsty at all after drinking all the beef soup.

The beef ball is softer than the ones I am used to eating but I like the soft tripe. I would be back to try the beef shanks noodles if I go to starling mall again.

Price is MYR 17.80 nett. I am not sure why there is a discount of MYR 3 given.

1.11 pm - Shen Niu at The Starling Mall. I thought this is a franchise but at this moment in time, this is the only shop around.

I found this article that mentioned the origins of this shop:

I hope this shop can have more outlets because the beef soup is those style that I like.

*** Food Relief Duty ***

The previous Sunday 5.mar.2023, he was on duty to provide lunch and dinner for the Elderlies so this Sunday is Kid 1's duty to provide lunch and dinner for the Elderlies but kid 1 is in UK to attend kid 1's kid's further study convocation so kid 1 swap a Sunday with him so he is on duty for Sunday 12.mar.2023 and kid 1 will be on duty for Sunday 19.mar.2023 and Sunday 26.mar.2023 so these are the food, he bought for the Elderlies:

Lunch from Hainanese Boneless chicken rice, delivered directly to the Elderlies by Foodpanda:

11.41 am - steamed chicken with siew yuk rice and roast chicken with siew yuk rice. Chicken rice is requested by the elderly. One elderly ate the rice and one elderly didn't. No complaints from them but no praise either.

4.29 pm - Dinner - on our way back home from uptown, we stopped by Kam Heong Braised Duck New Town PJ to buy takeaway food for the Elderlies and himself. This braised duck stall starts business at 3.30 pm I believe.

No breakdown of prices.
MYR 88.50 nett for:
1. Half a braised duck
2. Two small portions of pork knuckle
3. One small portion of salted vegetables
4. One small portion of braised mushrooms
5. Two braised eggs
6. One small portion of pig intestines
7. One big portion of rice for one Elderly
8. One small portion of zap aka a mix of duck liver, duck stomach and duck intestine. 


11 comments:

  1. Maybe discount for the noodle since no noodle in the soup. Just my guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. But pH also ordered it without noodles and without rice but I don't think there is a rm3 discount on her bill.

      Delete
  2. I am more used to the clear soup type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good to me. Not easy to find beef noodles so I will usually order when I see these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You prefer clear soup or soup full of spices like Din Tai Fung beef soup or Thai spices style beef soup?

      Delete
    2. Soup full of spices has strong cinnamon taste one right? If so definitely prefer clear soup. Then there's the Seremban-style type of thick gravy which I also like.

      Delete
    3. A lot of spices so the cinnamon taste didn't stand out. Ah, the seremban style is dry style thick gravy with Peanuts, right?

      Delete
    4. Hehe yes on the seremban style.

      Delete
  4. I am glad you tried and liked it. I have not been back there and perhaps a revisit is in order. I want to eat the tripe salad again. And thanks for the link to the article.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are most welcome and Thank you for your recommendations on uptown shops. This shen Niu is a good alternative to din Tai Fung for beef soup with oriental spices.

      Delete