Sunday, March 19, 2023

Free MRT Ride

On Sunday 19.mar.2023, kid1 pay back the Elderlies lunch and dinner duty so early morning we walked 800m to the new MRT station and took a free ride to One Utama Shopping Mall for food and window shopping. The new MRT Putrajaya Line is giving free rides until end of this month.

*** Station 28 ***

We started our walk at 7.50 am, stopped for his breakfast and reached the new MRT station at 8.22 am.

8.32 am - ready to get on board. Reached 1u at 9.45 am because we took the longer route. As long as either the exit or entry station is on the Putrajaya MRT Line, then the whole ride is foc.

8.12 am - his breakfast of roti telur bawang with teh tarik - total price is MYR 4.5 nett at a stall nearby the MRT station.

Around 3 pm, we went home via foc MRT Ride and walked back home from the station. Reached home at about 4.20 pm. People were packed like sardines in the return journey.

*** KFC Arabian Spice Crunch ***

4.32 pm - 3 pieces of KFC Arabian Spice Crunch chicken. He ate 2 pieces for dinner and kept one piece for me. Very crunchy. It is a little spicy but later he told me that his stomach is on fire. It is also a bit sweet. I would say that it tastes pleasant.

2.22 pm - KFC chicken bought from 1u. I wanted to buy ala carte only the chicken but they only sell them in combo sets so I bought the 3-pc combo. I didn't open the box to check that the order is correct when receiving it so it was only at home when I found out that they forgot to put the whipped potato and coleslaw into the box. I guess somehow I ended up getting ala carte chicken at combo price. My mistake for not checking upon collecting my order.

10 comments:

  1. I read about this free MRT ride. I didn't even know about KFC Arabian Spice Crunch. Too bad the staff were careless. Usually we don't bother to open the box as it is not so practical to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can ride the train from 1u or ttdi MRT station all the way to putrajaya for some sight seeing in putrajaya. There were too many orders to fulfill at KFC. I think that's why they miss putting in the coleslaw and potato into the box. If buy using delivery, there is also no checking, you are right.

      Delete
  2. U walked to kuchai mrt station? I m yet to try the ride, hopefully tis week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that one. The next one which is much nearer to me.

      Delete
  3. Nice to use the MRT. Avoid congestion on road but then again, can't avoid the crowds during peak hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even during weekends no working commute peak hours like yesterday, it was packed like sardines even when we waited for the next train to get on when the first train was packed. But it is good. Means the MRT is put to good use.

      Delete
  4. Did you enjoy the free MRT ride? Yummy roti canai and fried chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, except for the pack like sardines part.

      Delete
  5. 1u is quite far from your place so the timing is fine.

    Ah now I'm interested in Arabian Crunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya 1u is far from my place. I wonder will you like the Arabian crunch kfc Chicken?

      Delete