Thursday, September 8, 2022

E4 Mee Jawa 126

On Thursday 8.sep.22, went to buy chapfan lunch for the Elderlies and ourselves.

This is the stall at 126 Kopitiam coffee shop, Sri Petaling where I bought a small pack of Mee Jawa MYR 7.50 for my omad.

5 pm - ate the Mee Jawa directly from the plastic bags. The gravy is just a tiny bit spicy so it is ok for me. It has:
1. Half a boiled egg
2. Prawn fritters
3. Tofu
4. Potatoes
5. Beansprouts
6. Yellow noodles 

Luckily the yellow noodles are not a lot so I could finish eating the whole portion of Mee Jawa by myself but there is still a lot of gravy remaining.

He bought 3 packs of chapfan lunch MYR 24 from Golden Chopsticks coffee shop. He suspects that the price of chapfan has increased because he took the same dishes and amount as he has taken before but the price is a bit higher now.

I bought yinchoy aka amaranth greens and two braised eggs from the chapfan stall at 126 Kopitiam coffee shop. As I took less yin choy this time, the price is MYR 6 instead of MYR 7 previously.

For the Elderlies, also bought from speedmart:
1. Gardenia wholemeal bread. The price has increased to MYR 4 from MYR 3.60 but speedmart gives a 20 cents discount so the price at speedmart is MYR 3.80 now.
2. Milo 1 kg refill pack at MYR 17.50 because the Elderlies drink Milo everyday.

10 comments:

  1. I don't mind Mee Jawa once in a while. I like it better when they added satay to it. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U mean satay sauce with peanuts in the satay sauce?

      Delete
    2. No. Real satay meat on stick. Most serve mee Jawa with 2 sticks of chicken/beef satay here. Not such practice in KL??

      Delete
    3. I have not encountered such practice in kl because the Mee Jawa stalls don't sell satay.

      Delete
  2. I am thinking of mee jawa for tomorrow's breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to eat mee jawa quite often when I was a student. Now I can't remember how it tastes like. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is mostly carbs so is not suitable for u now, lolx!

      Delete
  4. Mee jawa is one of my favs, but I can hardly find it.

    I get 2kg Milo from Shopee. Often under rm30.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should have more Mee jawa at your area. Only two elderlies drinking the Milo. 2kg bag will hardened half way because they drink too slow and the Milo masuk angin.

      Delete