Friday, December 17, 2021

Sambal Bun

Friday 17.dec.21 is kid 1's day and kid 1 ate lunch with the Elderlies by buying 2 dishes: mushroom with chicken feet and deep fried mantis prawn. 3 of them ate these 2 dishes with rice.

We didn't buy any food because we need to eat the soup and rice bought on the previous day, Thursday.

*** Wed 15.dec.21 ***

12.37 noon - ate this Sambal anchovies bun with other buns for lunch. Price is MYR 1.30 nett. Weight is 60 grams. I bought it as filler to reach a target amount on the online grocery bill.

12.39 noon - luckily the spicy sambal fillings are not a lot so I can stand the spiciness. Just one bun won't be enough for lunch so I proceed to eat other buns.

*** Fri 17.dec.21 ***

12.02 noon - his lunch of the previous day's fa tiao wine chicken rice MYR 8 nett bought from Kopitiam 95 Desa Petaling. He says he can taste the ginger and wine so it tastes somewhat similar to the fillings of sang nyuk bao. Can add this dish into the list of food for the elderlies.

10 comments:

  1. His lunch looked yummy. I could imagine the gingery and wine taste in it. Bet the elderlies will enjoy it.

    Oh, now Gardenia even has this ikan bilis bun? Not sure sold here or not. Been quite a while I buy Gardenia goodies. Used to buy it's butterscotch bread and chocolate muffins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I also think the Elderlies will like it. I believe Gardenia has this ikan bilis sambal bun for quite some time now. Previously it is with the Delicia series. Now changed to puazz.

      Delete
  2. I have tried this sambal bun some time ago. Quite nice but too little for me. Need to eat other buns to get full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, this bun is just snack. Even for me, it is not enough for a meal.

      Delete
  3. So far their sambal bun is still the best among the rest. I have tried all but their recipe is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this bun too, I have it for breakfast or snack. Haven't tried other brands though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will eat other food with this bun for breakfast, right? Cos just one bun won't be enough for breakfast. Got other brands with this similar bun?

      Delete
    2. With a drink ok lah for breakfast. Mid-morning look for something else to eat. :) I've seen another brand - maybe Massimo.

      Delete
    3. Ok so with a hot beverage, one bun is good enough for breakfast. I think Massimo used to have sambal ikan bilis bun but now I look at their website, Don't have.

      Delete