Monday, December 6, 2021

Juicy Longan

Monday 6.dec.21 is kid 1's day.

*** Taiwan Organic Longan ***

9.56 am - juicy succulent firm thick flesh longan. Very sweet. So sweet that I need to put them in cold plain ice water to eat together but they taste very good, very fragrant. He eats them a few times a day until I reminded him to eat less a day since the fructose, glucose and sucrose in it could spike blood sugar.

They are not big because they are organic longan.

900 g at MYR 12.51 because 1 kg costs MYR 13.90 nett. Bought on Sunday.

*** Promo MYR 12 off min spend MYR 30 ***

Saw this promo ending on 10 Dec 2021 so quickly want to use it.

On Sunday 5.dec.21 12.50 noon - ordered this from Ticklish. Good to see that they are still around after trying them in 2016. They are now located at RexKL in Jalan Sultan, KL City Center where the old Rex Cinema used to be, many years ago. When I was in secondary school, I used to watch movies at this Rex Cinema.

2 types in 2 separate boxes.

Signature ribs less spicy is quite sweet with a tinge of spicy. Sweet like having plum sauce marinate.

Yakiniku Yakuza ribs has garlic slices and it is marinated with premium soy sauce I believe as the main taste is that.

*** Monday breakfast ***

8.31 am - as I think the gravy is too flavourful, this time I ordered the soup version of Sepetang wanton noodles on Sunday to share with him for breakfast on Monday. More acceptable to me than the dry flavourful gravy version.

*** His favourite pork noodles ***

8.59 am - he found his favourite pork soup noodles from win Heng seng coffee shop on shopeefood so happily he ordered them for his lunch and the next day's breakfast. Laden with ingredients.

Best is we get to redeem shopee coins.

*** More Monday Food ***

10.03 am - cannot wait for CNY so started eating this cookie now. Once start, cannot stop so ate at least 16 pieces at one go. I counted that there are 8 pieces for one layer and about 12 layers so 96 pieces at MYR 20 nett so it is about 21 cents a piece. I find the taste similar to what I remember so it is tasty to me. Eggy and powdery.

4.11 pm - I ate these remaining food from the fridge. Rice is from Saturday so I heated the rice using the microwave. The economy rice dishes from Sunday I ate cold. Very salty except for the soy knot, egg tofu and yin choy. Next time I won't buy so many dishes, just stick to my favourite which is soy knot and egg tofu. So very full when I ate them all.

5.32 pm - he cooked miso soup from instant sachets and put bok choy in the soup for his dinner.
5.40 pm - his dinner of rice from Saturday and ticklish ribs from Sunday. Bon appetit!

16 comments:

  1. I m currently clearing my miso soup sachets which have expired in April. I added seaweed to the soup and drink it as breakfast. Taste still as good. So u r kaki lepak at Rex cinema😂. I can't lepak there unless i change my uniform to outing clothes to avoid being spotted by prefects who purposely roam tht area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same case here cos cannot wear school uniforms go lepak so only go watch movies in Rex Cinema on public holidays or weekends or school holidays. Hah, you also got buy those instant miso sachets cos they are very convenient to use, right? 😊

      Delete
    2. I agree so we always stock up on the instant miso soup sachets cos they have many varieties too, seaweed, tofu and etc.

      Delete
  2. The longans do look fleshy and juicy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not so into longan. I would eat a few but not many. Later my throat starts to feel dry. I easily get heart.

    My man bought a tub of kuih Kapit not lot ago. Started to eat it today. Yummy, crispy. So far, haven't go shopping for CNY snacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very sweet longan must eat with cold icy water then is very nice else the too sweetness will feel like burning the throat. I eat Max 6 biji a day only. I cannot buy kuih kapit because one seating I will eat the whole container. 😂🤣😂🤣

      Delete
  4. The longan season is here. I have seen lots of longan but they are from Thailand. Your organic longan has very thick flesh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I was surprised to see such thick flesh. Thanks for letting me know about Thailand longan. I thought longan is mostly from PRC.

      Delete
  5. People say longan from Thailand has very high pesticide levels. So your organic ones are worth it.

    Oo didn't notice Ticklish on the app. Been there before very long ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh is it? Lucky that the ones I bought happen to be organic ones. which ticklish location did you eat at last time? PJ?

      Delete
    2. Gosh... had to hunt for it in my blog. Found it: https://lilporcupine.blogspot.com/2017/03/porky-valentines.html

      Which proves that I have been there, but no location haha.

      Delete
    3. From the photos, the location could be at the Gardens Mall.

      Delete
  6. Love longan, the longan looked so juicy and thick. I crave cookies, i think of the festives season, saw cookies selling all around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya I saw longan on your posts. You can bake your own cookies, yummy!

      Delete