Saturday, December 18, 2021

Pomegranate

Saturday 18.dec.21 is a long long rainy day and we supplied 3 meals to the Elderlies. It has been raining since Friday night and many places in the Klang Valley are flooded until the roof of a car is submerged in flood water. It was cold too as the mid day temperature dipped to 26 degree Celsius.

*** Wed 15.dec.21 ***

I bought this one large pomegranate on Sun 5.dec.21 from Just Fruits Taman Desa Danau for MYR 6 nett.

2.34 pm 15.dec.21 - finally took the pomegranate out from the fridge after 10 days to eat it. Took me about 40 minutes to get this bowl of lovely pomegranate arils.

Says:
"A pomegranate aril is a seed pod inside a pomegranate. The clear, reddish fruit surrounds a tiny, crisp seed aka pit, and the whole aril is edible. "

I tried eating the whole aril including the tiny crisp white seed inside but I didn't find the experience very pleasing so I spit out the tiny white pits.

This is a good step by step article on how to cut a pomegranate:

1.45 pm - halfway through cutting a pomegranate. I remove the arils from the pith using my fingers. It is easier to use fingers than spoons because I find using spoons will break the arils and the red sweet juice will splash everywhere.

Very sweet, juicy and crunchy arils. Very nice to eat but takes effort to prepare.

*** Sat 18.dec.21 ***

A full day of rain. As the Elderlies have eaten all their gardenia wholemeal bread on Friday, we ordered dim sum breakfast for them.

7.37 am - breakfast for him and the Elderlies. He delivered 2 char siew Baos, 2 siew Mai, 2 prawn Mai and 2 fish balls to them at 8.10 am. I didn't eat any of the items because my stomach hasn't wake up yet.

I used a compensation voucher from Pandamart for this order from Dim Sum House. 

On the way to the elderlies house to deliver breakfast, we went to buy gardenia wholemeal bread for the elderlies but we suspect that due to the flood, no new batch of bread was delivered so we didn't get to buy any. After deliverinh the dim sum, since we are out of the house, we went to Swee Heng to buy our own food for the day:
1. Ling Fish mihun MYR 14 from MYR 13.
2. Pork yee Mee MYR 7.50 from MYR 7.
BC n S eatery:
1. Pork trotter wanton Mee at MYR 8 from MYR 7.50 nett.

At 11.30 am, it was still drizzling so we didn't order food delivery but went out again to buy gardenia wholemeal bread. No new batch so we bought Massimo bread for the elderlies instead. We also went to Tim Won to buy lunch for the elderlies:
1. Seafood mihun horfun soup at MYR 8.
2. No more salted eggs so it is just century eggs, minced pork and deep fried intestines at MYR 7.

After delivering lunch to the Elderlies, we went home to eat lunch.

1.13 pm - my lunch of the pork trotter wanton noodles that he kept for me and the two segments of thin crust pizza I bought on wed, kept for 3 days in the fridge. The pizza Hawaiian chicken segment and beef pepperoni segment still taste good cold.

1.26 pm - I folded the pizza segments to be almost like a calzone before eating them. 


Says:
"A calzone is an Italian oven-baked folded pizza, often described as a turnover, made with leavened dough. It originated in Naples in the 18th century."

At 4 pm, there is a break in the rain so we quickly ordered dinner from Jazz Cafe for the elderlies. The order kept getting delayed for reasons unknown so the Elderlies finally received their lunch at about 5.10 pm. Then at about 5.30 pm, the rain resumed heavily so luckily the rider has delivered the dinner successfully during the short break in the rain.

5.14 pm - he ate the pork yee Mee from swee Heng as early dinner and kept some for me. This is his favourite yee Mee noodles.

6.20 pm - I finally find time to eat all the remaining aiyu jelly bought on Sunday 12.dec.21 kept in the fridge for 6 days. The lemon fruity taste a bit fermented but still refreshing and I am still ok after eating it.

Hope all the people affected by the flood will get the help they need to restore their homes and vehicles.

12 comments:

  1. Read about the flood happening over there over the weekends. Hope not affecting your area. My friend in Shah Alam said she had blackout on Friday night and her area was flooded. Gosh. Really havoc.

    It has been cloudy and rainy weekend over here too.

    I never prepare pomegranate. Don't buy it, only get to taste it outside in drink and dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just stay at home and go out within 5 km radius only. But supply delivery to my area was affected I think. Smart not to buy whole pomegranate cos is tedious to prepare.

      Delete
  2. I had my 1st pomegranate juice 10 years ago in Turkey. It was sour but refreshing. I ordered a Domino quatro pizza on Sunday...19 Dec is the last day for the offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember whether or not I have bought fresh pomegranate juice or not but at one time, pomegranate juice was freshly pressed in aeon supermarket in Midvalley mall. Oh 👍 good, you got the promo before it ended. Wonder which Quattro pizza did you order. I saw a few types with different toppings in the domino menu.

      Delete
    2. Ah ok. Did you like the prawns segment?

      Delete
  3. Not a big fan of pomegranate. Though I know it is nutritious...I just don't like the way we have to consume it...messy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you can just buy cold press pomegranate juice to drink.

      Delete
  4. I have the same feeling on the pomegranate - the seeds aren't nice to eat but not much left to eat if spit them out. I go for the former option.

    People always hoard bread when there are emergencies like lockdown, flood. This time the rain was really unusually long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Former option means u eat it together with the pits? Don't spit? This gardenia factory was flooded so they couldn't make the bread, not due to people hoarding.

      Delete
    2. Yes eat with the pits.

      Oh so the reason for shortage was flooding. Didn't catch this piece of news earlier.

      Delete
    3. Yes it is due to the factory being flooded but now is ok already. Ok la if u can tahan eat with the pits. I cannot tahan cos the pits are so coarse even when chewed into tiny bits.

      Delete