Monday, December 20, 2021

Bacon Mi Xian

On Monday 20.dec.21, we stayed at home the whole day and ate the food we bought on Sunday for all 3 meals.

1.06 pm - our shared lunch bought on Sunday from ICC Pudu Food Court. Bursting meatballs noodles mi Xian laden with ingredients: half a hard boiled egg, bacon, bursting meatballs, tomatoes, tong choy, ham choy and celery.

1.15 pm - my portion of this mi Xian soup noodles. Mi Xian is thick noodles made with rice that has soft non springy texture. The bacon gave the soup a smokey taste which is quite nice.


This is the item as listed in the online menu.

12.53 noon - my portion of Lou shu fen noodles that he kept aside for me from his breakfast. I prefer noodles without the soup.

12 comments:

  1. Meatballs noodle soup looked good. So much "Liew" in it. Really bursting with flavours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is bursting with flavours, you are right.

      Delete
  2. Long time since i last had lo shu fen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. He ordered lo shu fen instead of mihun because seldom see lo shu fen on the noodles type selection list.

      Delete
  3. I prefer noodles in soup. For dry version, I like sambal lo shu fen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He ordered the lo shu fen in soup but I asked him to drink all the soup and just keep a bowl of lo shu fen for me without the soup. Lolx!

      Delete
  4. I would love to try bacon mi xian as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people will like because it is full of ingredients and very flavourful.

      Delete
  5. Loaded with ingredients!

    I'd have thought mee xian is 'mee sua' in Mandarin. Since I've seen it referring to this noodle, I assume it's accepted now. Believe this noodle is known as 'thick meehoon' in SG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mee xian is not Mee sua. It is also not the usual thick curly meehoon in fish head noodles. It is also not like Lai fun because it is thinner than Lai fun but much thicker than mihun and it has more rice in it than other starch so it is not QQ at all.

      Delete
    2. And it's not spaghetti either. :p

      I thought it's the same as in fish head noodle though.

      Delete
    3. Main point of mixian is that it is made from rice whereas spaghetti is not made from any rice. Hhhmmmm, maybe some fish head noodles use mixian but those that I have eaten use curly meehoon that doesn't get soft easily and is qq.

      Delete