Sunday, July 11, 2021

Nasi Lemak Bamboo Sri Petaling

Today is Sunday 11.jul.21 Day 13 of PPN phase 1. Yesterday, we stayed home and ordered three food delivery.

I read about Nasi Lemak Bamboo when PH wrote about it back in March this year.  Nasi Lemak Bamboo is now in Sri Petaling.

--- lunch ---

10.27 am - nasi lemak fried chicken. I wanted to buy their signature dish which is curry seafood nasi lemak but it is not available on both grabfood and Foodpanda app so I wonder whether it is on the menu or not for walk in takeaways.

10.26 am - deep fried squid but there are deep fried onion rings in the same container too. The squid is gooey so I quite like it. The taste reminds me a bit of KFC batter.

10.23 am - all the food items that we bought from Nasi Lemak Bamboo Sri Petaling. The sambal is in a separate small plastic bag. It is not that spicy and has a lot of onions and a few anchovies. The rice is firm and grain by grain. Couldn't detect any coconut milk fragrance but I am ok with that because nasi lemak to me is the combination of rice, peanuts, anchovies, sambal, cucumber and egg.

11.30 am - otak otak next to a slice of wholemeal bread. Quite spicy.

10.53 am - both of us shared this cendol. It didn't melt much as it was frozen when we received it. Taste is acceptable. The coconut milk is a bit oily due to pecah minyak.

The Foodpanda price is the same as grabfood price but grabfood has a few special combo and cucur udang. Foodpanda doesn't have cucur udang on the menu of this eatery.

--- dinner ---

I was very full after lunch so I brushed my teeth and do not intend to eat anything after that. Told him to think of his dinner and he grabfood delivery Bak Kut Teh using the Hotdeals promo.

3.03 pm - Bak Kut teh and iceberg vegetables.

After applying Hotdeals promo, the price is MYR 16.30 nett which is very good value for money.

6.28 pm - he cooked vit instant noodles to put into the Bak Kut Teh as his dinner. I didn't eat any of this Bak Kut Teh order.

--- breakfast ---

7.42 am - his breakfast of pepper pork stomach Mee hoon soup bought from ICC Pudu yesterday. I just tried one mouthful.

14 comments:

  1. Now you made me have craving for otak and cendol, foodpanda delivery is very expensive in sg so during the recent lockdown in May and June i did not order any foodpanda food delivery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anywhere nearby that you can go eat otak otak and cendol since you all are allowed to dine in already? Is Foodpanda delivery more expensive than grabfood a lot in sg?

      Delete
  2. I only want the fried squids. Haha. But enough of it for now. Been cooking and eating it quite often lately. Weather is so warm lately, now I craving for a bowl of cold cendol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your fried squids at home is the best! Yum yum πŸ˜‹ yummy! Everyday in this hot weather, I also can eat ice every day. Ice is best in hot weather! 🍨

      Delete
  3. Now i want to buy tht BKT!! Good value for moneyπŸ˜‹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is near you so your delivery fees is zero! Lagi worth it! Yay!πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

      Delete
  4. The signature dish was not available because no stock or simply not offered at all on the apps? I remember the curry was served in bamboo and since that can't be done via delivery, they may have decided not to offer it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not offered at all in both apps as in not listed anywhere in both apps. You may be right. Won't know whether it is available for walk in takeaways or not since I won't be going to the shop in person. Maybe I could online contact them to ask about this.

      Delete
  5. Nice collection of items. Ya I also found the same outlet offering differing options on different apps.

    I tried to use this Hotdeals promo yesterday but found I couldn't use my other voucer at the same time. Oh well. Ordered from Canton-i in 1u with RM13 delivery charges (grumble... can buy food with that already)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The app doesn't allow using two vouchers. To make the delivery charges worthwhile I always order a lot and eat for a few days. Lolx! πŸ˜‚

      Delete
    2. Heh good strategy! My pork congee from Canton-i though, didn't taste nice. The crispy side bits smelled stale. Overall edible but I didn't really enjoy the food so luckily didn't order a lot.

      Delete
    3. I wouldn't have thought you would order congee because I thought you would think congee can be easily cooked at home. Thought you order elaborate meals like deep fried Prawns and roast meat platter.

      Delete
    4. I have a few items I always order at Canton-i. The mixed-pork innards congee is one. I don't know how to prepare all those ingredients.

      Delete
    5. I can't remember whether we have ever ordered that ju chap juk. Should have cos we ate at I Canton quite often at one time but I couldn't quite remember it but their juk is very nice, very smooth.

      Delete