Sunday, July 4, 2021

Maria Flank Steak Pickup

Today is Sunday 4.jul.21 Day 6 of PPN phase 1. Yesterday, Sat 3.jul.21, both of us stayed home all day to just eat the food in our fridge to clear them.

*** Friday 2.jul.21 ***

This is one of the food item I picked up from a restaurant in Suria KLCC on Friday when he was having his jab1. After reading PH's delicious home cooked wagyu steak here:

https://phonghongbakes.blogspot.com/2021/04/how-to-cook-wagyu-steak-at-home.html

I did consider buying raw steaks from her recommended seller and cooking it according to her steps at home but thought better of it so have to go buy cooked steak as takeaway food. Maria's Steak Cafe is one of the best steak restaurants around so it makes sense to buy from them and pick it up myself since I was there. I have eaten steak at Maria's Steak Cafe in Bangsar back in 2015, 6 years ago.

3.27 pm - I bought the most affordable MCO set of flank steak 200g to 220g which includes one black coffee kosong at MYR 53 nett. Flank Steak is tougher than the best cut which is Ribeye Steak, preferred for its fat marbling.

According to this:
"the Tenderloin is the most tender and least flavourful; the Rib Eye is the least tender and most flavourful; and the Striploin takes the silver prize in both the tenderness and flavour categories."

I selected "Well Done" instead of "Medium Well".

2.04 pm - Took me a while to locate Maria's Steak Cafe in Suria KLCC. Had to ask the electronic self service map.

4.10 pm - looks like a big piece. I only want to eat one third of it. Would be nice to have someone to share it but he doesn't want to eat beef cos he cannot stand the taste of beef oil from the little fat in the steak. The grilled asparagus is tender and crunchy. The mustard is quite hot. The item shown on the top left of the photo is a bunch of deep fried caramelized onion which goes well with the steak.

4.21 pm - looks quite pink.

4.23 pm - definitely not well done. I guess they couldn't bring themselves to ruin the steak by cooking it to well done. Very juicy and tender because it is still a little pink. Very nice beef taste.

4.52 pm - kept these two pieces of steak in the fridge for the next day.

*** Saturday 3.jul.21 ***

Sat 3.jul.21 12.34 noon - Cut the remaining steak from the fridge into slices. Doesn't look as pink when it is cold.
 
12.39 noon - microwaved them for 1 minute. Not as juicy but still tastes good although not as tender as when it is pink.

*** Food cleared on Saturday 3.jul.21 ***

8.40 am - shared this fish Mee hoon bought from swee Heng on Thu for MYR 13 nett.

12.41 noon -dry wanton Mee and char siew  with dry curry chicken bought on Thu from swee Heng.

5.47 pm - I ate all 12 mini cheese cookies bought Dec last year with bread for dinner.

5. 49 pm - he cooked egg with sausage from sing Kee coffee shop bought on wed to eat with instant noodles.

12 comments:

  1. Reminded me of my birthday treat few years ago. I think before all this MCO time. Hubby treated me to a lovely ribeye steak. So juicy, pinky. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Your hubby sure knows his steak because ribeye steak is the best! You must still be thinking of the delicious taste. 😋😋😋

      Delete
  2. The beef looks too "Raw" for my liking. Guess I cannot bring myself to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You cannot eat beef la, fully cooked also you cannot eat.

      Delete
  3. The beautiful owner Maria is my relative and is the best friend of actress Michelle Yeoh. Her pastry and cakes were so famous among Ipoh's tai-tai. She used to send them to my parents in Penang. Later her cafes started in Ipoh till KL. Your steak didn't look well done. You could heat up a bit in oven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please convey my congratulations to your relative the next time you catch up with her for her superb cafe. 👍 I am too lazy to heat up so just eat it slightly pink.

      Delete
  4. Tht's medium rare steak...i m ok with it...though can take me some time to chew. It has been ages since i last went to klcc😑

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is medium well cos just pink, no red liquid. It is very tender, easy to chew. Last time I went to klcc before this is in cny 2020 I believe if I am not wrong.

      Delete
  5. I reckon they made your steak underdone in hopes that it will become well done via residual heat when packed but the chef could have underestimated the timing. It does look like a very tasty piece of steak and I like the two spears of asparagus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't expect the flank steak to be this tasty but it was tasty. Not as tasty as wagyu definitely but good enough for me. It is pink without oozing red liquid so I guess it is medium well. The tender thick crunchy asparagus is very tasty indeed cos I think many years I didn't eat thick asparagus like this one.

      Delete
  6. Thought the cheese cookies looked familiar. What other goodies have you stored for a long time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, ya. I still have tambun biscuits from Penang bought during cny this year. Lolx! 😅

      Delete