Friday, June 25, 2021

Three days to go

Today is Friday 25.jun.21 Day 11 of 14 (2). Yesterday we went out in the morning to buy takeaway food for two days, Thursday and Friday.

10.30 am - shared brunch of seafood Mee hoon from choy kee coffee shop at MYR 8.50 nett. Didn't see any other customers there when I was there. Everyone was just sitting around waiting for customers to place order. Hopefully lunch time will be better.

In Choy Kee, each stall has displayed a lab report dated around 14.may.21 showing that they have been swabbed and given the clearance. Good to see they have been tested.

2 pm - my fish burger without mayo from Sugar Bun cold from the fridge. Yummy! I ordered two yesterday.

2.30 pm - His roasted duck breast meat with additional siew yuk at MYR 9.50 nett from Lucky Alley coffee shop.

7 pm - we ate bread, butter, jam and long time in fridge budget banana cake from Mighty White bought on Sunday 30.may.21 which is 26 days ago but it is still good to eat.

I was telling my friend that it seems that we are eating a lot of preservatives in food so will we be naturally mummified when we passed on instead of having to do the following:

"How To Turn Yourself Into A Mummy

In order to begin the self-mummification process, the monks would adopt a diet known as mokujikigyō, or “tree-eating.”..."

The above passage is copied from the url below:


10.10 am - while waiting for my takeaway food to be ready, I walked to the vegetarian grocery store to buy some frozen soy products but it was closed on Thursday. Then I saw this menu by Bacon and Balls eatery. Maybe one day I will order some sets to takeaway but I need to go out later at 12 noon since this board says 12 noon to 8 pm. Please click on the above photo to read the name of the dishes.

16 comments:

  1. Actually the fish burger with mayo tastes better. But of course dry version is better for keeping as the mayo may turn sour etc. I miss roasted duck. The best part of roasted duck is the breast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, a little mayo may make it taste better. Since I am keeping it in the fridge better get the dry kosong version. You are right again. Roast duck breast is not as fatty as the duck leg.

      Delete
  2. Oh ok will know what to do if I want to turn myself into a mummy. Hehehe. You have good and cheap food near your place.

    Looking at the number of cases now, won't be surprised if MCO is extended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are already a mommy! 😀 I was surprised to find the coffee shops in bangsar lucky garden serve food 50 cents lower than my place here. Just need to wait for the news but you may be right.

      Delete
    2. Mommy, mummy... :p Today it's over 6k cases. When will we get out of prison?!

      Delete
    3. When almost everyone got two jabs?

      Delete
    4. Ya, hopefully before cny next year.

      Delete
  3. i gave up hope for the next 3 days by just looking at the number of cases....Anyway, looking forward to the jab (i still yet to get appointment). How about u?
    LOL, are u planning to mummified yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No appointment yet. Ya cases still high. Not planning to but with the preservatives we are eating now, won't be surprised if we don't rot.

      Delete
  4. My favourite is the roast duck and siew yuk. Suddenly, I am feeling hungry now. Time to get dinner ready, my tummy is growling now. Oh dear, I hope I won't be mummified.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your dinner! If cremated, will not be mummified.

      Delete
  5. I want the roasted duck breast meat with rice. Looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aha! I saw the Siew Yuk and drooling now. I will ask my wife to make them tomorrow. She makes fabulous siew yuk that my sister would die for! The skins were always crispy hard with sprinkled special salt. The pork seller in the market actually shared this secret recipe with her! Yums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah! Your wife is truly a super super woman! 💪💪💪

      Delete