Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Mixed Vegetables Curry

Today is Wednesday 23.jun.21 Day 9 of 14 (2). Yesterday we stayed home and he cooked mixed vegetables curry.

10.56 am - He used the remaining curry gravy from the Ah Weng Koh Chee Cheong fun bought on Saturday and the sambal from the Ah Weng Koh nasi Lemak to cook this mixed vegetables dish. Just 3 items - brinjals, okras and tomatoes.

11.16 am - I used the microwave to cook this basmathi Brown Rice.

11.23 am - my lunch of mixed vege curry, basmathi Brown Rice, soft tao pok  and 4 slices of shabu shabu beef.

12.30 noon - his lunch of remaining Bak Kut Teh from Sunday and basmathi Brown Rice.

5 pm - I have to clear my remaining Chicago Tangy Coney beef so I ate it with a slice of rainbow sprouted bread. All food from A&W bought on Friday, 4 days ago are cleared now.

6.30 pm - we need to clear the Bak Kut Teh bought from sun Fung Bak Kut Teh eatery on Sunday, 2 days ago so he cooked instant noodles to go with it. Both of us shared this meal for dinner. The Bak Kut Teh broth tastes as if it has balsamic vinegar in it so it is appetising.

16 comments:

  1. It's interesting how your hubby cooked the vegetables with the remaining curry gravy and sambal. Quite innovative and no waste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We do our best to not waste food including extra gravy and sauces and dips. The curry vege tastes good and I wipe the saucepan clean with bread. I will let him know your comment. 😊

      Delete
  2. BKT with balsamic vinegar? Maybe they added some vinegar. Something like the black vinegar pork trotter. Definitely appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect so too that they added a bit of vinegar inside but he insists that he got test the soup on Sunday and it was not sourish. But we are ok after drinking all the soup so the sourish taste is a mystery. 😃

      Delete
  3. The vegetable curry cooked by your hubby looks nice and delicious. I like vegetable curry and I can eat a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can finish the whole pot top because soft soft brinjal and soft soft okra in curry I like! Your vegetables curry with all your home grown vegetables must be even more delicious!

      Delete
  4. curry with basmati rice. Good match!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your husband does know how to cook huh! :) It's great to see him using the leftover curry and mixed it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hubby is a great chef. I cannot even cook so well like him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will let him know. You are so modest. You can make pastry and desserts. 👍

      Delete
  7. You made leftovers look very appetising! Creative and clear your fridge at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hubby's vegetables curry looks tasty, just okras, Brinjals and tomatoes are good enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good that you like eating vegetables. 👍

      Delete