Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Entier Hazelnut Eclair

Today is Tue Day 8 of 14 days. Yesterday Mon 6.jun.21, we stayed home all day without any deliveries, to clear the food in our fridge.

Now back to the food from Entier. For both sets, I selected the hazelnut eclair as the dessert and didn't select the cheese platter.

Hazelnut Eclair with sea salt caramel, Hazelnut cream and chocolate ice cream. I can taste the sea salt caramel but not the chocolate ice cream. 

According to wiki online, Eclair means:
"The word comes from the French éclair, meaning "flash of lightning", so named because it is eaten quickly (in a flash), however some believe that the name is due to the glisten of the frosting resembling lighting."

True enough, it was tasty and easy to eat. It has all gone into the tummy before one can blink an eyelid.

Close up of the hazelnut cream and hazelnuts.

The container it was in, was properly wrapped with cling film.

*** Mon 7.jun.21 Day 7 of 14 ***

7.40 am. Cut an avocado for breakfast. This one looks fine, way better than the previous one.

8 am - I ate half an avocado with wholemeal bread for breakfast.

10.30 am - his brunch of beef stew from Fri, Kah Hiong.

10.40 am - I ate the remaining beef wat tan hor with Kim chi to clear it.

12.11 noon - I also ate the remaining kway teow and Lai fun from Friday Kah Hiong with the carrots and daikon soup to clear both the noodles which I did. So I ended up being super duper full and didn't eat anything else after that for the whole day.

16 comments:

  1. I love to eat eclair since I was very young. The rich families always served this at children's birthday parties. Now I attack them at buffet tables at One World and Le Meridien hotels. My late mum used to make nice cream puffs and later upgraded to eclair texture. I think I want to try making them.

    Looking at your nice avocado fruits, I could only eat the fruit flesh but not drink the yukky juices which is hard to swallow. My wife is crazy over the juice and could drink them everyday in Indonesia. Very cheap there like RM2 a big cup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the only time I eat eclair. Yes please do try making them. May make you feel better. Here should plant avocado so that we can get them at local prices. Ya, eating the fruit flesh is better than drinking the juice but drinking may get more juice into the body.

      Delete
  2. Good tht u clear the remaining food before the restock. At least u don't have to keep them for months like the mooncakes😅. Time to stock up on bakchang these days! Eh..the wat tan hor with kimchi is frm yesterday meal...i thought u finished them already? Ur spouse not helping u to finish it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mooncakes can keep for many years. These food cannot keep for long. I know the difference. I don't plan to stock up on bakchang cos now can buy ready-to-eat ones easily and no need to steam can direct eat. I am the food tong at home so I have to clear the food, I didn't ask him to help clear cos my stomach is stronger. You are right, the wat tan hor with kimchi is remaining from the previous day. In the previous post, at the end, I got mentioned this - "Yummy kimchi. There is still another portion of beef wat tan hor in the fridge for Monday." I guess you forgot. It is ok.

      Delete
  3. I dont remember I tasted Eclair before or not. Your hazelnut eclair looked tasty, no wonder finished in blink of an eye!!

    Good to clear the leftover before order new food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That eclair is light and easy to eat so finished in a flash. I still have to clear my remaining food but his food finished so have to buy food for him.

      Delete
  4. The beef stew looks yummy...to bad I don't eat beef. Would love to try the Hazelnut Eclair with sea salt caramel...I wonder how it taste like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can replace the beef with pork or chicken for you if your wife is cooking this stew for you or if you cook this stew dish yourself. The eclair is light and easy to eat so after you eat you will wonder, what just happened, what is the taste, hahahaha lolx!

      Delete
  5. I would love to try the hazelnuts eclair with chocolate. Looks really great. Greetings from Turkey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings from KL! Hope one day you can try it.

      Delete
  6. Wow... never tasted hazelnut eclair before! Looks so tempting, Mun! Yes, avocado very fast turn colour if too ripe.. I experienced that few times..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will get to try eclair one day. Ya, quite difficult to select just right avocado for consumption.

      Delete
  7. Hazelnut Eclair looks yummy. Must be very delicious since it was all gone before one can blink an eyelid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The eclair in its packaging reminds me of airline food - another thing we won't be having for some time. It comes with a 'plate' right? I assume the 'plate' is inside the plastic packing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is the usual container underneath the cling film wrap.

      Delete