Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Entier Starters

Hello June! Today is Day 1 of 14 days of fmco. Stay safe and stay healthy, especially mentally. Over these 14 days, I will write about the 2 sets of Entier 3-course meal that I bought and ate on wed 26.may.21 which is 5 days ago.

Starter: Prawn and Mango
Description given: Prawn, fruity mango chutney, Vadouvan oil, highlands herb garden.

Vadouvan is the French version of Indian curry powder so Vadouvan oil used in this starter makes the gravy tastes like curry, a creamy curry. Small pieces of bouncy prawns and other small pieces of ingredients are wrapped by a mango jelly casing. An enjoyable dainty delicate starter. The key is its texture.

Starter: Ox Tongue Salad
Description given: Ox Tongue Confit, egg mimosa, char grilled baby gem lettuce, anchovy sauce, highlands herb garden.

I gave this starter to my friend. She says that the 6 very thin slices of ox tongue taste like they have been smoked with sweetish spices like taiwan fruity beef jerky.
 
She found these white tiny flowers in the salad and searched for more info about them online.

This photo is copied from online. She found out that they are the flowers of watercress. 

The starter that I didn't order is the watercress soup. 

12 comments:

  1. So they were French cuisine? Unusual starter for us but may be common in Europe. Ox tongue!! Not sure I can take that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a french cuisine restaurant but I think they added their own creative touches to traditional french cuisine. I think there would be many restaurants serving food like this in Europe so you may be right. Why do you think you can't take ox tongue?

      Delete
  2. wow...so exotic! i haven't try ox tongue before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the mango jelly parcel with bouncy prawns is more worth trying than the ox tongue. 😛

      Delete
  3. Interesting prawn and mango starter. I don't think I want to try the ox tongue salad but hubby would love it. I have no idea that watercress has flowers. They are pretty white flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, your hubby likes to eat ox tongues? I also didn't know watercress has edible flowers.

      Delete
  4. So each course is served in its own container? The starter isn't attractive any more but the salad is still ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, each course is served in its own container and wrapped individually by cling film. You mean you don't find the mango jelly parcel in curry gravy attractive? I think it will look the same served in a small bowl as starter when dining in.

      Delete
    2. It's the first picture right. Nope, not attractive. :p

      Delete
    3. Looks can be deceiving. The texture of the jelly with bouncy fillings is very nice.

      Delete
  5. This is the first time I heard of Ox Tongue salad. Sounds delicious and unique to me.

    I used to make salads daily for my wife to bring to office. I added different edible flowers daily which I could only find from Cold Storage back then. Costs a bomb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, your wife must be missing your salad. I am sure edible flowers are expensive.

      Delete