Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Mcd Blackcurrant Cream Cheese Pie n Rio Burger

 It is Day 2 of 14 today. Yesterday, Tue 1.jun.21 we just stayed at home all day and ordered two food deliveries.

McD Blackcurrant Cream Cheese Pie - it has a strong ribena taste but is fun to eat.

Rio Beef Burger with the Rio sauce. The bun has white and dark sesame seeds on top of it. The Rio sauce tastes a bit smokey, a bit chocolatey and a bit spicy for the general public but I find it a bit too spicy for me though I did manage to eat the whole burger all on my own.

The large fries are not in the photo. I changed all the soft drinks to coffees - iced latte and a hot flat White.

Nasi lemak with two pieces of regular fried chicken for his lunch. This time they obliged my previous request to omit the sambal because I just wrote "no packet sauce" on the special request text area which means they didn't put the small container with sambal into the paper bag which is fine because I don't eat the sambal.

Ordered using Mcdelivery app at a total of MYR 54.20 nett.

I will order both of these breakfast burgers one morning within these 14 days.

This BTS promotion is over. I didn't buy it because I don't care for sauces and they are just chicken nuggets. I guess fans of BTS would be the ones buying this special set. Some BTS fans buy it for the special purple packaging.

I tried this pie and maybe I would try the sundae one day because I like the taste of strawberries.

This is the ad for the Rio burgers. There is a chicken burger option as usual.

Even the bottom of the burger bun has the football pattern. 😂

Yesterday, tue 1.jun.21 at 11.20 am, for breakfast, I ate this remaining cold chicken chop from Tian Fang Cafe, bought on Sunday with a slice of wholemeal bread. Still taste good but no longer crispy on the outside, of course.

26 comments:

  1. I have tried Rio burger before when it was introduced during the World Cup season. Yea...it was spicy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you going to eat it this time? They should tell customers that it is spicy in the ad.

      Delete
    2. not goin to order again coz I don't find it special. As for the BTS meal, I would give it a skip coz it is just the sauce that makes it special and i seldom eat nuggets with sauce.

      Delete
    3. Same here. Never dip nuggets in any sauce.

      Delete
  2. Sweet and cheesy blackcurrent cream cheese pie?? I cant remember when the last time I order pie from McD. I think it was the molten lava pie??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not cheesy at all to cheese lovers. Oh, so your previous mcd pie is molten lava pie perhaps.

      Delete
  3. Is the blackcurrant cream pie sourish? Both your orders look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh MCD! I miss their nasi lemak.. it has been a couple of years since I last ate that.. remember it was late at night and we were on the highway from KL back to Ipoh, the driver stopped at the rest house for us to have dinner/supper at one MCD...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those omelette sandwiches do look good. I also would like to try - hopefully still around by the time MCO is over.

    I just had McD and used the app for the deals. Didn't realise one order could only have 1 deal so I keyed in multiple deals. Ended up with 1 successful deal and 'locking' all the other deals I wanted. Gave up and just grabbed Mix-n-Match. At least cheaper hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You use the promo app and not the Mcdelivery app, right? Cos you went to buy takeaway, not delivery, right?

      Delete
    2. Yep I purposely walked in to buy as I wanted to collect stamps for coffee. Ended up... forgot to collect. If drive-thru they would have settled all this entering of the deals.

      Delete
    3. Eh, I thought mcd says all takeaways the staff will handover outside the shop, cannot go in?

      Delete
    4. Can go in to tapau. No dine-in only.

      Delete
    5. Anyway the order kiosks, cashier are all located inside.

      Delete
    6. Seems like always what their pr n management people think of, won't get implemented.

      Delete
    7. Ya, the cashiers are all inside but if they really want to implement no going into shop, they could setup a makeshift counter outside to take order and wireless cards terminal to accept payment outside.

      Delete
  6. We have that blackcurrant cream cheese pie in SG Mac. Looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sg is blueberry or Blackcurrant pie now?

      Delete
    2. Oopps! Is blueberry not blackcurrant.

      Delete
    3. Both blueberry and blackcurrant are nice.

      Delete
  7. I am very tempted, but no. Tahan..tahan... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, if u r on a quest to eat less or no sweet good then definitely cannot buy this pie.

      Delete
  8. McD Blackcurrant Cream Cheese Pie is definitely my choice. I will buy and eat them soonest. I love strawberry too but not blended with choco la.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, see when you find time to buy and try.

      Delete