Sunday, June 27, 2021

LoMaiKai

Today is Sunday 27.jun.21 Day 13 of 14 (2). Yesterday we went out for our weekly Saturday errand and bought food from friendship cafe and good taste eatery.

Sideview. I bought two LoMaiKai aka glutinous rice with chicken at MYR 4 nett each from Friendship cafe and hot hainan char at MYR 3 Nett. LoMaiKai is one of my favourite food but I don't have a specific favourite LoMaiKai, most LoMaiKai is acceptable to me.

4.40 pm - Top view. I removed the LoMaiKai from its aluminium foil container and placed it in a bowl on top of a slice of bread to prevent the sticky rice from touching the bowl.

There are only two pieces of chicken in the glutinous rice and no other ingredients. One piece of chicken breast meat and one wingette.

According to this url:


"...there are three parts to the wing. There is the wing tip (also called the flapper), the middle part is the wingette (also called the flap) and then the meatiest part is called the drumette."

Sat 26.jun.21 9.46 am - he ate the remaining portion of braised pork and egg bought on Thursday with instant noodles as breakfast. He also added vegetables to it. He kept some for me which I ate at 10.40 am.

3 pm - ordered food from Good Taste eatery to pickup. Total bill is MYR 30.95 nett. He ate the wanton noodles with fatty siew yuk.

6.30 pm - he ate this duck leg Mee hoon soup as dinner. I just ate the herbal pieces because I am still full from eating the LoMaiKai but I don't want the herbal pieces to be thrown away.

14 comments:

  1. I like wingette the most. I like lo mai kai too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wingette meat is very tender and tasty. You like lo Mai kai means you like glutinous rice.

      Delete
    2. Yes I do but cannot eat a lot. Indigestion.

      Delete
    3. Ok, then eat a bit just to get the satisfaction.

      Delete
  2. I like to eat the lo Mai Kai from ntuc supermarket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so you have a specific lo Mai kai that you like best. It must be very tasty.

      Delete
  3. Looking at your LoMaiKai now, I told my wife tomorrow we will order that with fish balls and the soft Char Siew Paus from the famous HKG Dim Sum shop. That will be our lunch. Yums!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lo Mai Kai is my childhood food. Always buy this together with pau to eat. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, lo Mai kai is nice to eat and always sold together with baos.

      Delete
  5. Won't the bread absorb the oil from the LMK and taste odd?

    I know wing parts as drummette, winglet and tip. Almost the same definition as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That LMK oil is mostly left in its aluminium foil but even with the oil on the bread, it would be like butter on bread or olive oil on bread to me. Wouldn't taste odd, just another kind of spread on bread.

      Ah, so you are well versed with the names of different parts of chicken wings.

      Delete
    2. So much easier to refer to the parts.

      Delete
    3. Guess you do cooking so u must know to communicate with your helper.

      Delete