Friday, June 4, 2021

Nero Nero

 Today is Day 4 of 14 days. Yesterday, we stayed home all day but I ordered food delivery despite having food at home because I was tempted to eat Italian food after seeing their ad about 20% off for orders over MYR 100 nett. I have wanted to eat at Nero Nero since 2 years ago but no one wants to go there with me and I couldn't very well eat all the food there by myself so once again, now is the perfect time to buy takeaway by delivery from them.

Thu 3.jun.21 3.19 pm - This is a Gnocchi. It is a dumpling made from potatoes.

I ordered two items, all for myself since he doesn't eat cheese. The 20% discount just offset the delivery fees which is good enough.

Lalamove delivered the above food at the selected time slot. I ordered two items only so I wonder what is in the aluminum foil and in the small container.

The small aluminium package contains 2 pieces of Focaccia - a flat oven baked Italian bread. I guess it is complimentary. I asked him to try one piece since there is no cheese and no butter on it and he did.

I believe this dip is for the focaccia bread. I put it in the fridge and haven't tried it yet.

This is the perfect cheese pizza for people who like to eat blue cheese like me. Very tasty. I ate 2 wedges and the remaining 6 wedges will last me for another 3 days.

This pizza has 4 types of cheese: mozzarella, gorgonzola which is blue cheese, latteria and smoked scamorza.

Gnocchi al Ragu with lamb beneath the gravy. I like the texture of the gnocchi, soft but still a bit stretchy. I ate three gnocchi with a bit of lamb and kept the remaining gnocchi for another day.

The description for the Gnocchi dish.

1.45 pm - my very late brunch of braised egg, Mee hoon and Kailan. These small portions are perfect for me. He ate pork Mee hoon for breakfast and braised pork trotters rice for lunch and dinner.

26 comments:

  1. Wow so cheesy!! I dont think i can stand the cheesiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you eaten blue cheese before? If you have and cannot stand blue cheese then you cannot eat this pizza.

      Delete
    2. last time my sis bought home a variety of cheese (including blue cheese) from France. I couldn't stand the smell and taste in all of them.

      Delete
    3. Then you definitely cannot eat this 4 cheese pizza.

      Delete
    4. Oh, your sister went to France for her honeymoon?

      Delete
  2. I love Focaccia bread. Not many sell this type of bread here. I had it few times in a Western cafe in Kuching. That was many years ago. The cafe still around but too far from my house. Used to go there when I worked in city area more than 10 years ago.

    Ooh. Cheesy pizza, I like that too. But most I can eat 2 slices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also eat two slices per day. I prefer thin pizza base than focaccia because although focaccia is very tasty, I don't want to eat so much dough.

      Delete
  3. I love cheesy pizza. One of these days, I want to order a pizza just for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you eat one pizza all by yourself in one day?

      Delete
  4. I wouldn't mind trying but certainly won't be able to finish them all.. a small piece will do for me.. hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cheesy pizza i definitely not for me. But I might like the gnocchi al ragu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya agreed, the 4 cheeses pizza is definitely not for you. The gnocchi al Ragu should be ok for you because the main taste is tomato.

      Delete
  6. Ah this place. I was contemplating it when selecting a place for a team lunch (boss paying) but decided it was too expensive. Anyway in the end the lunch was postponed due to the rising Covid cases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, so u know this place too. If want authentic Italian food, then this is the place I believe.

      Delete
    2. I probably can't taste authentic vs the contents of my Prego can hehe.

      Delete
    3. I believe you would be able to when you eat authentic more often. 😊

      Delete
    4. It's ok, I shall remain easy to please. Hehe.

      Delete
    5. Eat authentic tasting food doesn't mean cannot eat budget food la so as long as not cerewet on food then is easy to please.

      Delete
  7. Wait, RM20 for delivery fee?! Ahhh because I'm used to GrabFood orders with only RM2/RM3 delivery fee, I feel shocked about this.
    Good for you to order RM100+ worth from this Italian restaurant. If me, I would not bear to do that. Food at that kind of price, I feel like part of the price is for the dining experience, those plating and serving food warm etc, which we won't get by getting delivery. I would feel like I overpaid to less.
    Speaking of pizza, one of my newest dream is to go to Caiazzo Italy to have the Margherita Sbagliata. You can Google this pizza name if you want to know more hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My prefect dining experience is to wear my shorts and singlet with no shoes and eat very slowly enjoying my food while surfing net. That's why I am willing to pay for food that tastes great! I know about margherita pizza but not sbagliata which means mistake. I googled for it as u suggested and found this:
      "The Margherita Sbagliata (“Mistaken Margherita” or “Margherita Done Wrong”) is the signature pizza of Franco Pepe, the world’s pre-eminent pizza chef. It’s a deceptively simple pizza topped only with mozzarella before it goes in the oven. Once fully baked, the white pizza is finished with red dashes of tomato passata and green dots of basil and olive oil pesto."

      Delete
    2. Hehehe you found the correct one. Apparently his restaurant, Pepe in Grani, is the undisputed best pizzeria in the world. Really want to go there for a feast one day.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the info. May your wish be true in the future and you go there to have a feast and please bring back one pizza for me to try. Thank you in advance.

      Delete
  8. Nero Nero is a very nice and catchy name. I love all Italian and European food. I know I can tour Europe for months without problem. I wonder why many people cannot eat cheese. My wife and I would attack the buffet tables in big hotels and put all their cheese cuts into our mouth with crackers. Yums!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cos they cannot stand the strong smell of cheese.

      Delete