Saturday, June 26, 2021

Four Salted Egg Yolks

Today is Saturday 26.jun.21 Day 12 of 14 (2). Yesterday we stayed home and eat the food we have in our fridge for the whole day.

I just want to make a note here about the 4 salted egg yolks moon cake that I bought in Aug last year for the moon cake festival in 2020. I finally ate it all in May this year. I must remember to buy only two this year and eat them on the moon cake festival day itself.

My favourite 4 salted egg yolks mooncake from Oversea restaurant.

I break apart the mooncake using my hands to check that the salted egg yolks are indeed whole egg yolks and that there are 4 of them inside one moon cake.

Sat 29.may.21 6.40 pm - I ate these two remaining pieces after dinner because they have been in my fridge for far too long and I must clear them. Can't put it off anymore. Taste the same as on the day that they were bought.

*** Food on Friday 25.jun.21 ***

7.48 am - his breakfast of 3jc Mee hoon in soup bought on Thursday from Lucky Alley, costs MYR 7 nett. He kept some Mee hoon for me which I ate at 1.30 pm. The Mee hoon is very soft which I like.

12.42 noon - his lunch of lucky alley's braised pork, braised egg rice MYR 11 nett because I added another braised egg. He added the siew bok choy vege to the rice. There is still half a portion of this braised pork in the fridge.

2.48 pm - I cleared the shabu shabu beef slices with brown basmathi rice and kimchi. 

6.30 pm - his dinner of rice with kimchi and he pan fried a piece of frozen salmon to go with the rice.

7 pm - he kept half the salmon for me so I ate it with 3 slices of rainbow sprouted bread. Happy weekend everyone!

22 comments:

  1. We've been clearing out our fridge too. I didn't realise mooncakes could last for so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you managed to clear out your fridge to stock new food. 🀞Some fear mongering reports do say some vendors sell remaining moon cakes from the year before. I guess all the sugar inside the mooncakes act as good preservatives.

      Delete
  2. Oh my. That took you long to finish the mooncake. Mooncake festival 2021 is right sround the corner. Lol.

    I prefer mooncake without salted egg yolk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha πŸ€£πŸ˜‚, now that you mentioned it, mooncake festival 2021 is so so right around the corner. What do you like salted egg yolk with?

      Delete
    2. Hmm. Salted egg yolk with crabs, prawns. I like that. Not in mooncakes or pastries although I do eat. Just dont like the taste combination.

      Delete
    3. Salted egg yolks with crabs and prawns are super tasty! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

      Delete
  3. Ouh...so it is about time to eat mooncake already huh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah tht mooncake can mummify u already...the preservatives so strong til can keep for so long!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, ya, eat more mooncakes if want to be mummy. πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

      Delete
  5. So luxurious, four egg yolks! So mooncake can last this long. I shouldn't have thrown away my two leftovers. Regret!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah, so sayang! What flavours are they? Your nuts and ham mooncakes?

      Delete
  6. About 3 months to go before Moon Cake Festival but they will be selling moon cakes much, much earlier. I prefer double egg yolk so that I can enjoy more lotus paste in the moon cake. I didn't buy mooncakes for many years, not sure about this year. Wait and see......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they may start selling online. I purposely don't want to eat so much lotus paste cos sugar content very high. Ya, better not eat mooncakes cos very unhealthy food, too much sugar.

      Delete
  7. I don't think I dare to eat mooncakes that had been kept for so long hee hee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok wor. Looks and taste the same. I put them in the fridge immediately when I got home after I bought them.

      Delete
  8. What a joke to see the mooncakes! You took 9 months to finish them all. I love more yolks inside like your photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha ya. Dunno why always eat other things and didn't eat them. More yolks more sedap!

      Delete
  9. Wah mooncake from last year Mooncake Festival! Geng .. Can keep until now. ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ tempting fate? Courting death? πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

      Delete
  10. The golden yolks look like treasures in the mooncake. 9 months eh? They're already starting to sell mooncakes for the next round. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha ya, I have been keeping them for far too long.

      Delete