Monday, June 7, 2021

SanGoro Ramen

Today is Monday, Day 7 of 14 so we are at the half way mark. 

On wed 6.jun.21, I noticed this stall at Lucky Alley coffee shop called SanGoro Ramen.

The flower bouquet on top of the stall may indicate that it is a new stall so I specifically buy one item from the young man and young lady at this stall to try it out.

Ramen at MYR 10 nett. We haven't poured in the soup yet.

Pour in some soup.

Soup is in a separate container. The pork is too fatty for us though I can imagine some people love slurping the fatty pork into their mouths and just let it slide down their throat. The soup is a miso based soup. A budget version ramen and it is available via Foodpanda.

*** Sunday 6.jun.21 Day 6 of 14 ***

We have 3 bags of beef soup so we bought daikon and carrots to add them to the soup.

As I am not going to any Supermarkets and the mini markets don't have nice daikon, I looked through both food apps and managed to get the above all the way from TTDI grabmart. Buy above MYR 40 to get MYR 5 off delivery fees of MYR 13 so the delivery fees is MYR 8 nett.

The rider was quite near my place as shown on the map in the app when suddenly it got cancelled by the app. What a mystery. I hope the rider is ok so I ordered again and this time a car driver accepted this task and I received the goods.

About 300g for one daikon at MYR 2.90 nett.

Avolution avocado from Oz. Two for MYR 17 ish.

The seller selected 4 ripe ones so I quickly ate the softest avocado of the 4.

Today we didn't buy nasi lemak Sepetang. Just bought economy rice from Tuck Tuck Tei chapfan at MYR 8 nett: a little rice, egg tofu, pork chop, soy knot, broccoli, cauliflower and napa cabbage. I think I take the same dishes every time. Hainan char costs MYR 3 Nett.

I have to eat the remaining beef wat tan hor from the fridge so I bought this jongga kimchi 380g via Foodpanda at MYR 24.90 nett to make the wat tan hor more interesting.

Yummy kimchi. There is still another portion of beef wat tan hor in the fridge for Monday.

16 comments:

  1. Wat tan hor with kimchi? I think i still prefer the green pickled chili for some sourish tastešŸ¤”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This shop didn't give the green pickled chili but their own chili dip which is very spicy.

      Delete
  2. Yes, when I saw the pork slices, indeed mostly fats than meat. Like you, I also couldn't stomach that...hahaha... good idea to add daikon to your beef soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, must add daikon n carrots to the beef soup so that it is not wasted. Ya both of us cannot eat those fatty fatty bits.

      Delete
  3. Oh dear. That avocado was already starting to go bad. I wonder how wat tan hor taste with kimchi. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Avocado number 2 is all good. You can try wat tan hor and kimchi to see how you like the combination.

      Delete
  4. We have another 7 days of lockdown to go. I like the beef soup, looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am wondering what will be implemented after another 7 days. After putting in daikon and carrots, the whole soup has a new life, tasty!

      Delete
  5. I have really lost track on the lockdown days as the mood is very bad today. No wonder PH could not sleep well too. Thanks for the 7 Days update! I feel better now that we are all halfway through. What I miss most is dine in and my gym. I feel so weak like sotong now.

    You are someone who is always very kind to share food with friends and even to support new stalls by just noticing the flowers. It warms my heart.

    I have surrendered buying avocado for my wife. I think all 5/5 attempts turned rotten inside and that's an expensive fruit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, hope you feel better as the day progresses. Ya, can understand how it must be for you since you are so outgoing and have an active social life. Thank you for your kind words. Just doing what I can to support the local small businesses.

      Avocado number two is very nice. I think you can do as PH suggested and buy your avocado from the shop she recommended. Agreed that it is an expensive fruit for us here.

      Delete
    2. Good idea. I know PH buys from Avocadian where I also bought the yukky juices for my wife. Lolol

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha, y u call them yukky juices!?

      Delete
  6. I tried buying avocado from supermarket and they turned out raw and hard. Even after a few days, still the same. I would rather go for avocado juice, lol. I love to eat daikon.

    This Sunday 13 June is the end of our Stage 2 HA period, wonder if government will extend or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After reading online on how to choose avocado, I have better luck. I also wonder what would be next. Will you be getting your vaccination soon?

      Delete
  7. Wah you also bought coriander together with the daikon. I totally love the results in the bowl pic above this coriander bunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That's why pay premium also must buy the daikon and coriander to put into the beef soup.

      Delete