Saturday, June 5, 2021

Kah Hiong Beef Pao Delivery

Today is Day 5 of 14 days. We are staying home to clear the food we bought yesterday using delivery services from 2 eateries:
1. Kah Hiong Ngiu Chap Sabah Beef Noodle Shop,
2. De.Wan Restaurant by Chef Wan.
 
Here are the food from Kah Hiong, Bandar Puteri, Puchong, which we consumed yesterday, Fri 4.jun.21 but kept a lot of the remaining in the fridge:
 

Kway Teow mix Lai Fun noodles soup with a maximum of 3 types of beef ingredients that we can choose from a list of 4: 
beef slices, beef balls, beef tripes and beef stew which I believe they intend to say beef brisket. 

I chose 2 ingredients only for this soup noodles: beef slices and beef balls. I added beef omasum by paying an extra MYR 6. Beef omasum is the 3rd stomach of a cow.

This ribbon-like item is beef omasum. This website describes the taste as "practically nutty, with a mild musky aftertaste that's common to other offal meat". Do you eat tripes?

Deep fried beef Wantons.

Beef wat tan hor with the noodles provided in a separate container.

Beef wat tan hor with the kway teow noodles and gravy mixed together.

Beef Pao.

The beef fillings are similar to pulled beef and is a bit on the sweet side. I like the taste of this beef Pao better than char siew Pao and beef pies.

Beef sui gao aka beef dumplings with thick skin which I like.

Sat 5.jun.21 7.30 am breakfast - he kept a bit of this dry beef noodles for me to taste. The max 3 beef ingredients we selected for this dry noodles are beef slices, beef balls and tripes. The noodles do not have alkaline taste and the texture is soft like Mee Xian but the size is thicker.

This is their cute mascot sticker which they stick on all the containers.
 
Ordered all these food using this url:

The two hot coffee portions are delivered in paper cups with plastic sippy covers. The Coffee C Special taste like cendol. I believe it is due to gula melaka which they use for this drink.

We haven't eaten the beef stew rice yet as at this noon time on Saturday so there is no photo of it. I also didn't take photo of the radish soup because it is basically daikon pieces floating in lots of liquid which is the same soup. Now I have many bags of beef broth in my fridge. Will need many days to clear them. 

Have a good weekend everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Looking at the food you posted here makes me crave for our favourite ngau lam fun and soup. It is beyond the 10km limit, so we have to wait till lockdown is over. Everything looks so delicious. Not easy to find beef bao here in Ipoh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it is easy to find beef Pao in klang valley too. Is your favourite ngau lam fun available on Foodpanda or grabfood? If yes, you could order food delivery.

      Delete
  2. Wow! You say the beef pow is nicer than Char Siew Pow! I look forward to try this.

    I have been curious to find at De Wan's restaurant after his stint with Uncle Roger. I see that his cookings are all authentic and popular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would prefer to dine in at De.Wan when dining in is allowed.

      Delete
  3. Oh. The well known Kah Hiong Ngiu Chap from Sabah? Tasted it once when it first opened in Kuching. Back in 2018. First and only time, as very far from my ppace and that area is congested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you are correct. This is one of the sabah branch. It is far from my place too so the delivery fees reflect the distance.

      Delete
  4. I love beef noodle soup with all the meat and tripe! You bought quite a lot and will enjoy your meals for many days. I can see that the beef sui gao skin is very thick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you will love the chili dip as it is very spicy for us. Ya I have to clear them so have to eat for many days. The sui gao skin is thicker than hand torn pan mee. Lolx!

      Delete
  5. Oo looks good. That is a big order though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would like their chili dip. Very oomph! Got kick! Too spicy for us. Too big order 😂took us many days to eat all the food but none go to waste.

      Delete