Thursday, June 3, 2021

Nasi Tomato Periuk Penang

 Today is Day 3 of 14 days. It is stay home all day without any food deliveries as we went out to buy enough takeaway food on Day 2 to last us the whole of Day 3. On Day 1, we ordered two food deliveries: McD and Nasi Tomato Periuk Penang.

This is the nasi tomato with a piece of beef aka daging masak hitam which is sweet like honey beef jerky.

Nasi tomato with ayam ros and ayam masak merah. The ayam ros gravy is a sweet spicy creamy curry whereas the ayam masak merah gravy tastes more of tomatoes.

Nasi tomato without any gravy on it yet.

This is the number to call to order if you don't want to use Foodpanda.

Two sets of tomato rice with ayam masak merah, ayam ros and daging masak hitam. Found this eatery on Foodpanda. We haven't seen this eatery before.

The set double trouble has both ayam ros and daging masak hitam. Very flavourful food and a bit too spicy for us two but we finished everything including both the gravy.

At 6 pm on Day 2 for dinner, we ate all the remaining beef aka daging masak hitam, one piece of chicken masak merah, tomato rice and the Ros curry gravy so all cleared.

14 comments:

  1. Hmm. I bet nasi tomato is appetizing. The daging masak hitam is complimentary is it? That is why only 1 piece?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, there is more than one piece. One bag of around 6 pieces but all dark dark so I just took out one piece to show.

      Delete
  2. My one set of rice also can be eaten two times, lunch and dinner, I guess we cannot eat too much carbo type of people, right? Oh, for me, I eat less cos slower to digest at my age. hahahaa...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of us will just share one set of rice or one bowl of noodles. Cannot eat much now.

      Delete
  3. looks nice! it has been more than 3 years since my last nasi tomato...Last time i would buy from Ramadan bazaar...but since the pandemic started last year, no chance to get my fav nasi tomato...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can order delivery from this place using Foodpanda app.

      Delete
  4. I love nasi tomato with ayam masak merah. Perhaps I should cook it one day since I am more free these days hee..hee...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely can cook a very tasty nasi tomato with ayam masak merah.

      Delete
  5. Yummy! Long time since I last ate nasi tomato. Really miss nasi tomato.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Double trouble haha. With everything was packaged separately, still looks good when assembled including the papadum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope like that, it will keep their customers buying repeatedly from them.

      Delete
  7. Wah! It is 11.25pm and you got me drooling at this Nasi Tomato. I have not eaten and forgotten for a long time. I would love to eat this with both Ayam Ros and Ayam Masak Merah. Bring on!

    I hope I will remember tomorrow morning to find this Nasi Tomato nearby my home. Nah! I better write down on post stick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you use food panda or grab food apps, you may find nasi tomato that is near your place. No need go far.

      Delete