Thursday, May 13, 2021

Vegetarian Chung

 

Vegetarian chung with two types of mushroom - lion's mane mushroom and Chinese black mushroom. Also has Mung bean,  1 small chestnut,  1 piece of vegetarian fake meat stewed brown for MYR 6.25 nett. Not that salty. Taste good for those who doesn't like porky taste in chung. Around 180 to 190 g.

The above Vegetarian chung has this label -Madam Ng. I believe the maker of the mushrooms vegetarian chung is Madam Ng.

This vegetarian chung weighs 200g and has black eye beans, half a chestnut and half a mushroom and 1 small thumb size vegetarian meat. Not that salty also. Tastes good.

Bought 6 frozen vegetarian chungs from Yolek vegetarian and organic mart in happy garden OUG.

20 comments:

  1. Looks good. Do u steam or microwave these chungs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo...I love that! Miss it so much but I've been told to stay off glutinous rice and that rules out so many things, all my favourites!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The doctor told u not to eat glutinous rice? Got millet chung also.

      Delete
  3. Vegetarian changs could be tasty. Bought before from a vegetarian eatery once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very tasty for people who don't like the taste of pork.

      Delete
  4. The chung filling looks good and I don't mind having vegetarian chung.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is the taste that matters. I don't mind having vegetarian chung too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is okay since it has black eye beans inside. I still prefer to eat Power Bak Chang which is packed with lots of pork, chestnuts and huge salted egg yolk. Shiok lah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you are a meat person.

      Delete
    2. I am both. Meat or vegetarian is fine for me. I actually wish that when I reach old age, I could eat vegetarian meals daily.

      Delete
    3. May you achieve your objective of only eating vegetarian meals with totally no meat when you reach old age which is how old? 90 years old?

      Delete
  7. I have never tried Vegetarian chung before. Would love try if there is one sold here. Then again...I have never seen any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are organic shops in Melaka that sell vegetarian chung.

      Delete
  8. Hmm I wouldn't mind vegetarian chung as it's not really the pork I look forward to eating. Sometimes the pork smell could be a bit geli if it's very fatty.

    ReplyDelete