Saturday, May 22, 2021

Day 3 of 4 Days Food


Fri 21.may.21 11.30 am - Ate all the remaining half portion of Muk yee zhar yuk rice from Tue 18.may.21 by two pax. 

11.46 am - I cleared off the tofu, omelette with otak otak in it, the remaining Mee jawa gravy from Sun 16.may.21 with vit instant noodles.

12.15 noon - when I was 7 years old, I used to eat the chicken neck of the whole chicken used to cook chicken soup. Many years passed and I have not eaten chicken necks since. This is the neck of the 8 treasures duck. Do you eat the neck of chicken or duck?

12.34 noon - I ate the meat off the neck of the duck but didn't eat the skin on the neck since the skin has fallen off and seemed very fatty.

11.30 am - Bring to boil the remaining half 8 treasures duck in all the remaining given gravy and the duck just fell apart like it was supposed to do so.

12.45 noon - I scooped out all the duck bones with some duck meat still stuck to the bones to clean the bones.

Kept the remaining boneless meat in the gravy in the fridge for the next day. Looks like duck stew.

1.59 pm - after a little more than one hour, I managed to clean the duck bones. I will remember not to buy a whole duck again because I don't want to eat the meat cleanly off the bones again.

4.48 pm - His early dinner of ju chap juk aka mixed pork innards congee from Fatty Mok eatery. We bought it when we went out to buy groceries from Giant supermarket and deliver them to the elderlies. He said some innards which are not fried are quite smelly so I asked him to discard those parts because I am definitely not eating those smelly parts. He ate this bowl of congee with a piece of fried bean curd sheet, one fried bean curd roll, one fried popiah, one fried sui gao from the same shop and some mui choy pork belly from Teo Chew Lao Er bought on Wed 19.may.21 along with the duck.

Giant supermarket controlled the amount of shoppers in the supermarket so even at 3.40 pm on a weekday there was a queue of about 6 persons in front of me. Luckily I just need to wait for 3 minutes to enter the supermarket and spent a total of 35 minutes in the Supermarket. Fingers crossed that I didn't catch anything. Giant supermarket was chosen because the entrance of the supermarket is very close to the main road so it was a dash in and out trip if 35 minutes can be considered as dash in and out timing.

4.55 pm - I didn't eat any dinner because I was still full from my previous meal but I was extremely thirsty from the Mee jawa gravy so I bought cham ping aka iced coffee mixed with tea to quench my thirst which it did. This drink tastes more of tea and condensed milk than coffee.

So on Day 3, we cleared off 3 items which are the tofu, the otak otak omelette, and the Muk yee zhar yuk rice. Yay again! 🥳

12 comments:

  1. I so miss muk yee zhar yuk. I too like the remnant of the 8 treasure duck after it had been boiled. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will you be cooking Muk yee zhar yuk one day? The duck dish turned into duck stew. 😋😋😋

      Delete
  2. If it is roast chicken or roast duck, I go for the neck to eat the crispy skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you like the crispy skins. Would be like eating crisps I guess. 🙂

      Delete
  3. It has been awhile since I last had any mixed pork innards congee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeeeee! I dare not eat chicken or duck necks or even their feet. I would faint when I accidentally ate chicken's bishop nose too. Something wrong with my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, nothing is wrong with your head. Many people don't eat bishop nose because of the fats surrounding it that has a foul fowl smell. Necks are better than feet but the thought of them both are also not that appetising I agree.

      Delete
  5. You really cleaned up those bones.

    I will eat the meat off the neck else will be wasted. But the bone remains as one piece and never a neatly disassembled line like yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Means you didn't suck out the whatever in the middle of the neck bones since they still remain as one long piece.

      Delete
    2. I didn't even know that was possible. Err not keen to do that now that I know.

      Delete
    3. Ya, ignorance is always bliss! 😁

      Delete