Monday, May 24, 2021

Choy Kee HK Roasted

 Yesterday, Sun 23.may.21 is quick dash grocery buying day.

0830 - saw this notice board outside the entrance of de Market supermarket in Taman Desa. Only customers with "low risk" or "casual contact" status can enter the supermarket.

Even before this supermarket opens at 8.30 am, there are about 10 customers queuing outside waiting to enter. Guess everyone wants to dash in, buy their goods and dash out. I dashed out at 9 am after dashing in at 8.32 am.

What does "casual contact" status mean? It just mean that the person has been to a place at a time when there was an infected person. They may not have even met so it is still low risk.

After going to Sepetang coffee shop to buy nasi lemak, we went to this nearby Choy Kee eatery in Taman Desa to buy roast duck rice because the roast duck rice is available very early at 9 am and we reached there at 9.32 am.

Opposite this eatery is a van selling coffee drinks with the name Pak Kopi. Maybe next Sunday, we would try their coffee if we see this van again.

My 
11.16 am - my nasi lemak from Sepetang with small rice MYR 7 nett.

5 pm - the duck breast meat rice from Choy Kee at MYR 9 nett.

*** Day 5 of 4 Days Food ***

5.30 pm - He kept two pieces of duck breast meat for my dinner and I put in the brown basmathi rice from Sat to eat with the duck meat.

He added more mustard greens aka Kai choy into the salty mustard greens dish from Teo Chew Lao Er bought on Wed 19.may.21 which is 5 days ago.

Close up.

The dried red chilies are quite hot spicy. I just love to eat the Kai choy and left some for the next day so we didn't clear anything from the fridge on Sun.

The Kai choy aka mustard greens bought from de Market costs MYR 4.60 nett for two small bunches. Will be staying home the whole day today as there is a call for self lockdown due to the many cases around. Stay safe everyone! 🙏😷

14 comments:

  1. Yea, stay home & stay safe! Hopefully with the vaccination, the number cases can be controlled. Did you apply for AZ vaccination? Those who applied seem to get their vaccination instantly (without having to wait for months).
    The senior citizens vaccination are also in progress now. Some of my elderly relatives (above 70 years age) have taken their 1st jab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about AZ jabs can be registered with the date u want. Two of my friends have their AZ jabs already. This round, you can apply on May 26 for the AZ jabs. Today can apply AZ jabs for above 60 years old. I can stay home since I have retired already so I let those working people apply for the AZ jabs first.

      Delete
  2. Yes, one of the security guard wanted to check my MySejahtera app to make sure that I am "low risk". They are being extra careful now because many are still going around even though they are "close contact" or while waiting for the test result. The Pak Kopi sounds like Ipoh's white coffee. I am a great fan of kai choy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good that they also check status in ipoh now. Hahaha, ya the word Pak could means white. Both of us like to eat Kai choy cos it is tasty! Would you be able to grow kai choy in your garden?

      Delete
  3. So far enforcement is still not that strict as long as you scan...they will let you in. But it is better to be safe than sorry now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean enforcement in melaka is not that strict? They are not checking status?

      Delete
  4. Wah...I am salivating looking at the kai choy soup. I love it a lot! Yup, now they check the status and not only that, at Aeon they want to see the latest status and my partner and I had to do an update before they let us in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The app says only to fill in the survey again if your status change. The app will update itself if it matches you at a place to give you casual contact status. So the guards need not ask you to update. Kai choy is very tasty and you do know it! Yum yums!

      Delete
  5. Most places have started to ask me to refresh my phone's MySejahtera. I also received the sms saying to be careful as I frequented high risk areas. It frightened me to hide at home after that.

    My friend in Taman Desa has been telling me SO MANY TIMES to try the coffee truck parked opposite the KFC area. I scolded him for not buying it for me when he came to see me in my area. He could remind me few times to try that top of the world coffee yet he never thought of buying one right away. Porah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your friend is scared you might scold him for bringing not that hot coffee for you so he prefers you go buy direct so that you can drink it when it is hot hot hot. Are you hiding at home after receiving all the sms messages? Stay at home is the safest.

      Delete
  6. The MySejahtera will have your status. I heard that if you happen to have registered somewhere with a confirmed case, it will automatically affect your status. So apparently then some people refuse to use phone but write down their names. And thus some outlets refuse entry to these people.

    Actions and counter-actions. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The status will be casual contact which is still ok. Because going to a place with a confirmed case like I wrote above, doesn't mean you talk or got close to that person so you will just get casual contact status.

      Delete
    2. Wonder if any places disallow 'casual contact' cases.

      Delete
    3. If they follow the instructions then should be allowed unless they make their own rules.

      Delete