Thursday, May 20, 2021

Food For Four Days

 Ordered delivery from TeoChew Lao Er restaurant for the 2nd time.

Leeks and siew yuk stirfry.

8 treasure braised duck. Warning: they included the duck's head with a very long beak so I was a bit shock when I saw that. I removed the head before taking this photo.

Longan and white fungus tong sui. It even has slices of nutmeg in it.

Yam paste dessert.

Fried Egg with otak otak.

Otak otak - there are more pieces than shown in the photo. We have eaten around 4 pieces before taking this photo.

Tofu. We have eaten the raw onions provided with this dish.

spicy salty mustard green.

Mui choy with pork belly.

Halibut fish - two pieces of fish for two persons in sourish gravy.

Delivered by grab express in the rain at  about 2.20 pm.

Total bill is MYR 237.10 nett. The food should last us for 4 days so we can just stay at home without needing to go out to buy takeaway food.

This tempted me to buy all the above food. Can you spot the duck head and duck beak in this photo?

They are taking Pre order for Bak chang now.

22 comments:

  1. Wow. Whole duck. That would take you a long time to finish.

    Ooo. Bak chang. Now I am craving for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would take a few days to clear it. You can go buy some Bak Changs to eat.

      Delete
  2. It's like an offence to present a plate of roasted turkey or chicken with their heads in the West. For Chinese, it will be done like nice decor. Lolol.

    You have given me idea to go and buy otak-otak to eat now. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I am more like the west. I was borderline traumatised by the sight of the head and beak. Do you have a Favourite place for otak otak?

      Delete
    2. I used to buy very nice otak=otak from keuh stall at Yong Len Restaurant in TTDI. The seller has stopped selling it for unknown reasons.

      Delete
    3. I think maybe due to mco so not selling anymore. Top bad I stay so far away from ttdi else I would visit Yong Len coffee shop frequently.

      Delete
  3. Fried Egg with otak otak? Oh!!! They're separate. For a while, I thought it was fried egg with otak otak inside...or was it? I would like that! Looks like you have a separate order of otak otak. I would love it on its own too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought both - otak otak on its own n also fried egg with otak otak inside. Both are tasty!

      Delete
  4. i think for Chinese, it is sort of a practice or perhaps a belief to serve the 'meat' with head and tail...as 'completeness'. So, there's nothing to be surprised...aiyo why they don't cut the beak...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, is it? I was more shocked and traumatized than surprised. You should have seen the beak - so long, a very long beak. U say they want completeness so cannot cut beak la.

      Delete
    2. haha...yea la....they really follow the 'rule' entirely!

      Delete
  5. Wow... so many dishes!! And they look yummy too.. the duck is so special with so much treasure inside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the dishes are flavourful and tasty.

      Delete
  6. I've never had good success with buying ready meals in bulk and storing. If there is ready to eat food around then I want to eat it. I've tried ordering food enough for the day through GrabFood in the morning, but end up eating them in 1 sitting, then afternoon order enough for 2 meals again, then dinner time order again >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah, that means you can really eat a lot!

      Delete
  7. I like the 8 treasures duck. When we order whole duck, it always comes with the head and neck intact. I love yam paste dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh is it? I forgot that when I order half roast duck, I always say no backside and no neck. Didn't say no head but I guess no neck means no head la.

      Delete
  8. The 8 treasure braised duck looks good of course...minus the head. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a really big order! I'd rather not have the head at all, tq.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also don't want the head. Yucks! Next time won't buy whole animals again.

      Delete