Wednesday, May 19, 2021

His Food My Food

 We have been eating almost the same kind of food for a few months now. Here are the food that I will buy as takeaways for him. Pork noodles dish is his favourite meal.

Tue 18.may.21 0830 - pork meehoon MYR 6.50 nett from Lucky Alley.

Wed 12.may.21 0830 - pork mee Xian MYR 8 nett from a stall called Black and White Noodles stall in Swee Heng coffee shop.

Mon 3.may.21 0750 - bittergourd pork Mee hoon from Shingji eatery. I need to check the price because I have forgotten how much it is.

Mon 17.may.21 0830 - pork Mee hoon MYR 7 nett from Sepetang coffee shop. He added the eggs and vegetables to the Mee hoon.

Second on his list is pork noodles in 3jc style as below.

Thu 6.may.21 0749 - 3jc Mee hoon in soup at MYR 6.50 nett from Choy Kei coffee shop.

Mon 17.may.21 6.21 pm - 3jc pork Mee hoon dry style MYR 8 nett from Win Heng Seng.

Wed 19.may.21 0808 - this looks exactly like the previous photo but it is bought from a different shop. 3jc pork Mee hoon dry style MYR 7 nett from Lucky Alley coffee shop. He added lettuce to the soup.

3jc pork noodles identification point is that they have the oblong shaped pork balls. My friend told me that these balls are not available in foods court in Singapore. I hope someone would prove my friend wrong.

Third on his list is roast meat rice.

Tue 18.may.21 12.15 noon - roast duck breast meat rice with added siew yuk aka roast pork at MYR 9.50 nett from Lucky Alley.

Mon 3.may.21 12.16 noon - sometimes I buy  a quarter duck top portion at MYR 16 nett and duck gizzards at MYR 1 nett each from a nearby roadside stall called choy kee duck stall.  

The above dish is a combination of the duck breast meat, duck gizzards with Lai Lai dessert shop's economy fried instant noodles and he added siew bok choy to it. I bought the fried instant noodles on a whim when I was there to buy red bean tong sui and fried dough snacks. 

The noodles were too sickly sweet for me so I requested that he does something with them and please clear them for me so he put this dish together for his lunch the next day.

Mon 3.may.21 1.10 pm - I also bought yam cake from Lai Lai dessert shop and couldn't finish it so I also requested him to clear it. He fried an egg, added in some vegetables and the only wax sausage remaining from more than one year ago and stir fried the whole combination. In this way the two of us were able to finish eating the yam cake by eating it during both lunch and dinner.

Fourth on his list is Bak Kut Teh.

Sat 1.may.21 0802 - Bak Kut Teh with pork meat with soft bones for one person and yam rice at MYR 17 nett from Toh Guan BKT shop nearby. He usually takes two to three days to finish eating this amount of bkt. Will eat it with instant noodles when the yam rice has been eaten.

Sun 16.may.21 0941 - once in a while I will buy something not on his list for us to share. This Mee jawa MYR 7 nett is from Sepetang coffee shop.

So those are his food. The main theme for him is pork. For me, it is a totally different story. My main theme is ice cream. Then cake. So I just eat a few spoonfuls from his meals that he keeps aside for me. Sometimes when I feel like eating beef or lamb or mutton or kimchi, I will order them but I need to eat them all by myself.

Tue 18.may.21 10 am - I finally ate all the beef I cooked on Sun 16.may.21 from the supermarket in Taman Desa.

Tue 18.may.21 8 pm - this is the once in a blue moon dinner that I ate so late. I cleared the 8th wedge of kimchi pancake bought from Daorae on Fri 14.may.21, 4 days ago. It is the only remaining piece. I ate the Kim chi with the siew yuk and roast duck breast meat that he kept aside for me.

Tue 18.may.21 8 pm - at long last, I cleared all the daikon and the Daorae beef broth. As the beef broth has been greatly reduced, it taste like Bovril with a very slight tinge of bitter taste. It took me 5 days to clear all the food from Daorae but I did it without throwing any food away. Yay! 🥳

12 comments:

  1. yea..MCO not much food choices since can't dine-in and food delivery is limited to nearby area (unless wanna fork out more for delivery fees). I have been eating mostly home-cooked simple meals too...I guess this MCO gonna be a long one with the high number of cases today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even with all the food choices available, he will still want to eat pork noodles! 😂🤣

      Delete
  2. I had a good laugh seeing all his pork mihun and pork noodles. I am so similar and love to eat them with lots if liver.

    I am starting to wonder how you could tolerate and enjoy so much left overs over the months. We always try to eat the portions for just one meal if not maximum to be cleared next day. Japanese culture do not have leftovers if possible and that's why they used bento boxes often. I learnt that from their documentary film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you like to eat pork livers too. Supposed to bou huit aka enhanced blood in literal translation.

      I couldn't eat everything in a Japanese bento box. Don't want to throw food and don't want to stuff ourselves so have to eat the food for many days la. Ok also the taste.

      Delete
  3. The first pork noodle looks yummy. The mee Jawa looks delicious. These days, we usually share 1 portion of noodle and I will eat some biscuits with coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to share one dish because eating one dish each is just too much!

      Delete
  4. Guess we don't really have a lot of choices due to the MCO and now it is even worse. Brace for even limited choices now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is not due to availability of choices but to his preference to eat his favourite food. Can always pay for delivery.

      Delete
  5. These will all be food that I seldom have! Both my areas have mostly malay food.

    ReplyDelete