Saturday, May 1, 2021

Kuih Ketayap

 After reading STP's article about Kuih ketayap with white coconut fillings, I bought a pack of Kuih ketayap only to find that the coconut fillings inside are brown which is usually the case here.

Kuihs from Aroma Nyonya bought from Swee Heng at MYR 2.20 per pack which is lower priced than kiosks in shopping malls selling exactly the same Aroma Nyonya kuihs at MYR 2.50 to MYR 2.80 per pack.

Seri muka Kuih and Getuk Ubi are my favourites so I will always buy them when I buy Kuih. So tasty! 😋

14 comments:

  1. Yes, mpst would have the gula Melaka filling. I love those too. The white filling is mainly for sentimental reasons, that was how my mum made those. Ooooo...nyonya kuihs, my weakness. But I'm on a low sugar diet now, can only see. Sobsss!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Childhood food and mother's food always taste best due to sentiment reasons. Why suddenly on low sugar diet?

      Delete
  2. These are some of my favourite kuih. Not easy to find good Nyonya kuih these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here many coffee shops sell aroma Nyonya kuihs. Very nice.

      Delete
  3. Kuih ketayap is my favourite Nyonya kuih.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet kuih! I like seri muka & bingka ubi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to eat these kuih too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I find it hard to resist kuih! They look so pretty when there's an assortment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I cannot just buy one type, have to buy a few types.

      Delete
  7. My favourite would be kuih ketayap, followed by Getuk Ubi and last Seri muka Kuih as I do not really glutinous rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, so you like Kuih ketayap the best! I guess it is because you like the coconut fillings?

      Delete