Friday, May 21, 2021

Day 2 of 4 Days Food

We stayed at home for the whole of yesterday, Thu 20.may.21 and ate the food we bought from Two Chew Lao Er on Wed, the day before yesterday.

9.24 am - for breakfast, the halibut fish gravy was used as the broth for Mee hoon. It has been more than one year that I ate a fish dish cooked in this style.

The fish is deep fried and then braised in a sourish tangy gravy that has soy bean Taucu paste aka mean si in it with julienned gingers and wedges of tomatoes. It is very appetising and the fish meat is tender but firm so it is very tasty despite the fact we need to eat the fish carefully to remove the bones from inside our mouth. This is because we didn't remove the bones before putting the fish into our mouth so we need to spit out the bones. Not that many bones but not that few either. Need to pay special attention to the bones.

9.40 am - after he has eaten his share, I ate the remaining Mee hoon and the tail part of the fish. There were 3 pieces of fish for MYR 21 nett so on average it costs MYR 7 nett for a piece of fish. I ate two slices of otak otak with the fish Mee hoon.

11.23 am - I ate the remaining yam paste which I put in the freezer so I thawed it before digging in.

12.01 noon - I forgot to take a photo of our shared lunch which is all the remaining leeks dish and half of the zhar yuk Muk yee rice we bought on Tue 18.may.21 from Lucky Alley. This is my portion of the lunch with two cubes of tofu.

4.58 pm - I ate all the remaining Taro cake that I bought from RT Pastry, Taman Desa one week ago on Thu 13.may.21 and it was still very tasty and cold from the fridge. It is safer to eat it all on the day of purchase to ensure that the cake is still good to eat.

6.05 pm - our shared dinner of a quarter duck with added lettuce and vit instant noodles.

6.26 pm - my portion of duck, lettuce and noodles. Instant noodles go very well with the duck gravy. A perfect combination. The remaining duck is still enough for 3 meals but we will try to finish eating the duck in 2 meals.

So on Day 2, we have cleared off a total of 5 items where 3 items are from the 9 remaining items bought from Teo Chew Lao Er. Yay! 😋
 

16 comments:

  1. So have u met the target number of food items to clear in a day?😀 i like cold taro swissroll...taste like ice cream cake (minus the ice cream)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U bought this taro swiss roll from RT Pastry already?

      Delete
  2. Me too! I like yam cake straight from the fridge, cream and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now u restrict yourself from eating this kind of food.

      Delete
  3. The fish noodle in the first image looks delicious. I am glad that we can get to take-away our favourite fish noodle during this full lockdown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your fish noodle dish is tasty and very affordable. More affordable than the fish noodle I ate in kl and tastier too.

      Delete
  4. Big portion of the fish... this morning I just took fish noodles with salted vegetables.. very appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely very appetising if got salted vegetables. 😋

      Delete
  5. The fish noodle looks really good...but the portion might be too big for me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am growing sick of eating rice and almost all food as the MCO is making my appetite gone. Suddenly I prefer soupy like Oden or porridge and now your Mihun is seriously a good choice to help me to eat again. I want to eat any Mihun Soup tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we get sick of food, it is good to fast and meditate until we get our appetite back. No need to force ourselves to eat. Mihun soup is always easy to eat.

      Delete
  7. I like how you dressed up the duck for dinner. Very colourful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He just added green vegetables. The other colours are from the fillings in the duck itself.

      Delete
    2. Right... was thinking those gingko nuts were quite an 'atas' thing to add.

      Delete
    3. The gingko nuts are the fillings aka stuffings inside the duck. 😋

      Delete