Wednesday, May 12, 2021

RT Taro Swiss Roll

Bought this taro swiss roll from RT Pastry on mother's day. Don't remember how much it costs but should be around MYR 12. This swiss roll is special because it has a smooth taro jelly in the middle and uses fresh cream. The sponge cake part is soft and fluffy. The jelly can also be considered as taro paste.

I also bought a wholemeal swiss roll but no photo here. The wholemeal swiss roll uses butter cream with a tinge of orange taste so the taro swiss roll tastes better with the jelly in the middle and the fresh cream.

20 comments:

  1. I like taro swiss roll but the colouring got me think twice when buying one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really interesting, not something we get to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love taro so I might enjoy this Taro Swiss Roll. I wonder how the jelly taste like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jelly is not those crunchy jelly but those soft soft lembik lembik type.

      Delete
  4. Colour may be natural but often, these bakeries use artificial flavourings, not something I fancy even if it is just pandan. I guess it is more convenient, easier than having to get the leaves and squeeze out the juice and colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them do use natural flavours. Need to know which ones.

      Delete
  5. Thought what a huge chunk of taro sitting in the middle! OK la so it's jelly but still, what a huge chunk. From RT should be nice right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try it to see you like it or not.

      Delete
    2. I am never near RT outlets. :(

      Delete
    3. Hhmmmm, they should open a branch near your place.

      Delete
  6. I love anything taro, so I am sure I will enjoy this taro swiss roll.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So inside there is this huge chunk of taro. Wow! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha 😆 obviously you just look at the photos and didn't read the text. That is not a chunk of taro. It is jelly.

      Delete
  8. RT Pastry has been improving well over the years. Still reasonably priced with new creative cakes. This Taro cake is something new to me. Must try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this taro swiss roll is the nicest swiss roll in RT Pastry.

      Delete