Sunday, May 30, 2021

TY Tea 2Gether

 There is a new eatery in Esplanad, Bukit Jalil. I believe it is occupying the shoplot where Mallikas Restaurant used to be located. To think I have never eaten at Mallikas and wanted to buy food from there after reading NuxV's article in Dec 2020.

I bought 3 egg tarts, 1 pork siew Bao, 1 kaya puff, 1 chan bao and a cup of Hainan coffee as takeaway from this new shop. Egg tarts costs MYR 2.30 nett each and hainan coffee costs MYR 4.50 nett. The pastry crust of the egg tart has artificial butter taste.

Shop front. It is next to Starry coffee shop.

View from afar.

This is the chan bao with char siew fillings inside. Quite tasty. Price is MYR 2.80 nett.

Kaya puff and pork siew Bao at MYR 2.30 nett each. The pork siew Bao has more meat than fats in it so it is in the can buy again category.

The kaya puff has flaky layered pastry skin. The pandan kaya filling is tasty. Not sure what are the main dishes of this new eatery because I didn't look at the menu.

Total bill is MYR 18.80 nett. The name of this new eatery is TY Tea 2Gether.

We bought this roast meat rice at friendship cafe - 3 types roast meat at MYR 11 nett. siew yuk, char siew and siew kai. Quite decent.

22 comments:

  1. Looks like it sell all sorts of chinese pastries...like TK. I miss Mallikas so mch😭. I will try the kaya puff nxt time if i pass by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a restaurant. I didn't look at the menu so I don't know what the main dishes are. I also miss Mallikas after seeing their delicious food in your post.

      Delete
  2. The chan bao looks good but I would prefer the kaya one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Used to buy 3 types of roast from the nearby Pasar Tani but it has been more than a year since it ceased operation due to Covid-19.

    The baos looked yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't think pasar Tani would sell siew yuk. Quite tasty the baos.

      Delete
  4. The chan pao, pork siew pao and kaya puff, they all look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I am yearning for some kaya puffs... maybe I will order them online from Grab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should have quite a number of choices on grab!

      Delete
  6. The egg tarts and pastries are tempting me! Fave has a deal for TK where you can buy 5 egg tarts and get 1 free for RM11.00.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good deal! Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
  7. Egg tart, siew pao, chan pao, all the things I have never said Hi to since MCO 1.0 :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah, you are so discipline, not to eat these for more than one year.

      Delete
  8. I would go for the pork siew pao and chan pao, yums!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pastries look really good. Top of my list would be the chan pao (didn't know this name) and that flaky kaya puff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also don't know about chan Pao name until the staff told me. Price and taste is quite ok.

      Delete
  10. I used to hang out at Esplanad t have coffee and cakes with my best friend years ago. They have so many nice fancy cafes there and parking was quite a headache...

    He moved his office away after getting 2 Feng Shui checks that the energy is the whole area is not right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, whole area not right? Surely an expert Feng Shui master would recommend ways to make it right but doing certain actions and putting certain things in certain places, right? Or is it your friend Bazi clashes with that whole area?

      Delete
  11. what is "artificial butter"? btw glad that someone from local is still writing on Blogspot today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I loosely use the term artificial butter to mean not pure butter, it has many other ingredients such as plant oil, essence mixed into the butter.

      Delete