Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Yomie Rice Yogurt

Yesterday, Mon 5.apr.21, we decided to go to Midvalley Mall to buy food.

I bought this cold rice yogurt drink and drop it off for my friend.

These 3 photos are from my friend. I selected Hawthorn fruits, purple rice and yogurt without any sugar. The review is that there is the smell of Hawthorn fruits which smells like asam boi but it is not sourish. The texture is foamy and would taste better if it is a bit sweet since I requested for all sugar to be omitted.

Foamy so the texture is not like cold porridge which is more dense.

This is the Yomie stall in Gardens Mall. I took this photo back in Feb 2020 but it started business operations in Dec 2019. The brand is from Australia. You can read more about this drink stall at this url

The price for one drink is enough for a meal or two meals depending on where one is having the meal. It costs MYR 15.70 nett for this yogurt rice drink so I am still not sure whether or not I want to buy one to try it for myself.

A paper bag for the drink.

*** Brunch dine-in-2021 #3 at Ah Cheng Laksa, Midvalley Mall on Mon 5.apr.21 ***

10.47 am - our brunch at Ah Cheng Laksa. The small portion of assam laksa is mine and I asked for Mee hoon. It was very satisfying to eat this sourish bowl of Mee hoon assam laksa but I didn't drink the broth. I also ate some of the chicken rendang nasi lemak and tasted the cham hot drink. The rendang gravy has lots of mashed ginger in it which is tasty but I prefer the rendang gravy to be less sweet. Total price is about MYR 20.90 nett and they accept payments using many types of e-wallet.

Only one table was occupied by one solo diner when we were placing our order at the cashier counter.

Shared dinner by 2 pax at home at 5.30 pm - we bought takeaway fish curry nasi Dagang from Upeh, Midvalley Mall via Foodpanda and picked it up ourselves to get 20% off so the price is MYR 14.32 nett which is a very good price. Lower than if we dined in for the same meal. Very convenient too, no need to wait for them to prepare the food.

A savings of MYR 3.58 nett.

*** Pick up food from Upeh on Wed 17.mar.21 ***

5.47 pm - another one of our pickup food from Upeh. Nasi Kerabu Royal at MYR 17.44 nett after the pickup discount.

*** Pick up food from Upeh on Thu 11.mar.21 ***

12.41 noon - Le Medina Pilau Rice from Upeh at MYR 15.12 nett after pickup discount.

Include a whole chicken leg.

Savings of MYR 3.78 nett.

*** Not my dine-in-2021 at Warung, Midvalley Mall on Wed 24.mar.21 ***

Warung has set meals now for breakfast and lunch with good prices.

His brunch at 11.36 am. Good value for money at MYR 16.50 nett only for nasi lemak fried chicken, coffee and a piece of deep fried vegetable fritter.

He ate all of these food because I don't want to remove my mask since I have eaten a heavy breakfast at home before so he was very full after that.

Vegetable fritter and hot coffee.

14 comments:

  1. Upeh!!! One place I MUST go and try should I gp over to KL again, my kind of cuisine. Saw it before but did not go on, just next door - Myonya Colours. Not very hopeful though, things do not seem to be getting any better, not at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once the pandemic is done, you deserve a holiday to kl with your family! Can try Upeh then!

      Delete
  2. There is a Yomie over at Uptown but I have yet to try because I am not confident if I would like it. There is one Mieler Yogurt which is pretty good. Price about the same, not cheap. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You tried Mieler Yogurt? I google Mieler Yogurt. Seems like they serve almost similar drinks to Yomie so if u like Mieler, you should be able to accept Yomie.

      Delete
  3. Yeah yomie rice yogurt is definitely one of the better and healthier option of beverages compared to bubble milk tea. My family loves this too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Children would like it more likely. You also like it?

      Delete
  4. the only yogurt i eat is Nestle yogurt which is quite mild...others i can't stand the sourness/milky taste. Nowadays u go to Mid Valley on weekdays only?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think this Yomie yogurt got any sourness taste. Also no milky taste. More to rice taste if you order the purple rice yogurt. Yes cos weekdays should be less people during working hours.

      Delete
  5. Assam laksa, nasi lemak & nasi dagang are my favourites. Long time haven't eaten vegetable fritters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All fritters are quite oily so better eat them once in a while only.

      Delete
  6. That rice yogurt thing looks interesting but so expensive. You're really conscientious about keeping your mask on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one I agree is expensive. Lolx! 😛Ya but dunno y cos I wear masks is to protect other people from me cos my mask not those very keng mask so I myself no protection la.

      Delete
    2. It is true. We wear masks to protect others from our saliva cos our masks not those keng masks that frontliners wear.

      Delete