Thursday, April 22, 2021

Perfect Creme Brulee

 

I bought a box of creme brulee from a young home baker at MYR 25 nett with 4 authentic flavours: vanilla, earl grey, Genmaicha, coffee on Sat 17.apr.21 by collecting it from his house.

This is earl grey tea flavour. The earl grey tastes authentic and strong. That night I could stay up until 3 am which I believe is due to the earl grey tea.

The creme brulee is smooth and soft. I don't know what the texture should be like so I Googled for an answer and found many similar content:

"The final texture of crème brûlée is soft-set, similar to the texture of Greek yogurt, not a firm custard like flan":

From:

https://blog.thermoworks.com/desserts/thermal-secrets-creme-brulee-2/

"The custard will be quite wobbly; it should jiggle from side to side when nudged. However, it should not be liquid in the center. It will be barely set, but not liquid"

From:

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-creme-brulee-at-home-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-139072

So that means this is the perfect creme brulee because it is soft and smooth but not liquid.

This is the vanilla flavour.

He torched the sugar on top when I was near his house so the sugar layer is still crispy when I got home.

Must consume immediately!

18 comments:

  1. Homebaker! Looks like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If u like creme brulee, can buy from him.

      Delete
  2. Oooooo...I love that! Can't remember the last time I had one. Slurpsssss!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to support small home-based business. I tasted vanilla flavour begore. Very soft and smooth with nice caramelised sugar on top. Not like those pudding which is firmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! It is soft and smooth. So the one you ate is a perfect creme brulee too.

      Delete
  4. Oh tempting. I had to stop myself from buying desserts after looking at your post. You had a look at the Sama2 Lokal 50% Ramadan promo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you like creme brulee too? I did see some advert on lokal promo but didn't click it to read the details.

      Delete
    2. Do have a look. It's 50% off purchases up to rm30, plus rm10 off delivery. Very worth it. But so far I had problem finding a rider. The app cancels if cannot find.

      Delete
    3. Yep I like creme brulee and its cousin, bread-n-butter pudding.

      Delete
    4. Oops checked Sama2Lokal and the 50% promo is fully redeemed. Should have gone with my kiasu instinct and ordered in advance to put in freezer!

      Delete
    5. Ya, see must quickly act. Cos many people very fast redeem punya.

      Delete
  5. Wow, desserts again!! So you need to consume them immediately.. yummsss!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha 😀🤣 ya, desserts again! Need to consume immediately but I cannot eat 4 at one go so I ate one and tasted each of them n put the remaining into the fridge! And didn't eat any food for the rest of the day.

      Delete
  6. I like creme brulee but I will scrape away the sugar crust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you buy from this home baker, you can ask him not to do that sugar crust. So no need to throw away that sugar crust.

      Delete
  7. What are you talking about? They're tiny, like, your spoon can't even fit a scoop easily. You can eat 2. Or maybe all 4 at once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, welcome back! 😀How are you? Must not eat too much sweet desserts at one go la.

      Delete