Thursday, April 8, 2021

Sourdough Doughnuts

8 artisan sourdough Doughnuts aka donuts received around 1.30 pm yesterday, Wed 7.apr.21, delivered by Lalamove. I read that they are very delicious so I couldn't resist the temptations and bought them.

I ordered them from Halodoughnut which is an insta seller.

Lemon taste.   The texture is fluffy and soft enough. We shared one Lemon Pop doughnut.

Creme Brulee - I like this one because to my surprise, it wasn't as sweet as the Lemon doughnut.

Hojicha creme fillings with Genmaicha snow sugar on top. He couldn't eat this one because he can taste milk in the fillings. Hojicha is roasted green tea and Genmaicha is roasted brown rice mixed with green tea. Not the sweet so I like this one too.

The name of this one is Burnt and Salty. It is a bit salty with rich burnt butter taste which is like toffee and coffee taste.

These are the remaining donuts after I have cut and eaten each of them to taste them. The rose donut taste like rose syrup. The duck bacon donut is very rich in taste as the duck bacon is smokey salty and the maple syrup is sweet so I need plain doughnuts to go with the combined taste.

I put all remaining ones into a container and store them in the fridge to be eaten over a few days.

These are their names.
The price of each donut. The menu is changed weekly and announced on Monday on insta. The delivery fees for me is MYR 12 nett.

Need to pre order one day before delivery day. On that day, if there are extra donuts, they would sold via insta as below.

Box 1

Box 2
Box 3 - all 3 boxes are sold out on the day itself.

*** Wed 7.apr.21 delivery - Shingji Noodle House ***

Yesterday we just stayed home so we ordered noodles from Shingji.

As it was nearby, there is no delivery fees by food panda.

They packed them this way.

Kai see hor fun.

I ate this pandan layer cake in the morning before the donuts arrive.

Dinner - pork bittergourd Mee hoon.

Menu for the following week. Looks good but I stopped myself from buying because I cannot keep eating high sugar food every week for health purposes.
The price.

Another week for own record.

They look so tasty that I am so tempted to buy 4 of them.


14 comments:

  1. Where u bought the pandan layer cake? The pic jst reminded me tht i did not have one for quite sone time.😂😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aeon Food Court Bakery at Midvalley Mall! Every week, I buy two for MYR 9.90 nett. Addicted to it already. 😂

      Delete
  2. Can't say I'm a fan of sourdough but I sure wouldn't mind giving these donuts a try if they are not too sweet. Most regular donuts are way too sweet. There's a Malay shop here selling kompia donut but I have not bought any to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only the creme Brulee and hojicha ones are not too sweet. These sourdough donuts are nice, you won't know that they are sourdough donuts cos they are just as fluffy.

      Delete
  3. Wow they are quite pricey compared to the normal donuts huh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cos they use very good ingredients and give a lot of fillings and toppings.

      Delete
  4. I haven't eaten doughnuts and kai si hor fun for a long time. I like pandan layer cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kai si hot fun is ipoh's specialty. U can go eat it anytime. Not healthy to eat donuts so better don't eat. 😄

      Delete
  5. I have seen such doughnuts on Youtube and I thought that they must be sickly sweet. More to ang moh taste. Ah! I forgot to check pandan layer cake at Aeon again. Last weekend I ended up buying potato bread instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two I mentioned are not sweet surprisingly. Those glazed with sugar and syrup are sweet but with black coffee kosong are not sickly sweet. I saw potato bread but didn't buy.

      Delete
  6. I think they are not fattening! hahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donuts don't look as pretty as commercial ones haha. I've had Dunkin donuts quite a few times recently as Shopee had vouchers on them.

    Oh Aeon's pandan layer cake is good issit? Will try the next time I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Commercial ones don't have these flavours and commercial ones are not made of sourdough. Wah, you are making full use of shopee savings. I have yet to do so. I am addicted to the texture of the pandan layer sold in aeon food court bakery. Must eat the cake cold then only will be tasty.

      Delete