Saturday, April 17, 2021

May King

On Tue 30.mar.21, we went to MyTown Cheras for a quick errand around 2.30 pm and on our way home, we stopped by this eatery which has been in Pudu since I was a teenager to buy their popular Lum Mee.

When we got home, the noodles are all clumped together so need to shake them apart.

After shaking them apart. Lum Mee in dark gravy which is very, very salty. Costs about MYR 9 something.

The interior of the eatery.

Storefront. The words on the glass window say: Lum Mee, Curry Chicken Mee, Yummy Hor Fun.

May King has been in this location for more than 30 years. Have you heard of them?

20 comments:

  1. Not sure if I had lum mee before or now. When I buy kampua mee home, it will all clump together like that too - I would press the packet gently and that would loosen the strands and once I got it all out onto a plate, I could continue the process of loosening the noodles into single strands. Dunno if this will work with your noodles or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good homey place for breakfast. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this lum mee spicy? So different from the lam mee we have in Ipoh which is not dark like the one in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not heard of this place since I hardly go to that area. I have eaten lum mee before but I can't remember how it tastes like. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There used to be a lum Mee place in one utama opposite kluang station. I used to eat there. Did u eat there?

      Delete
  5. I never heard of this shop...although i used to go pudu in the 90s. U had this previously since teenager?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, since teenager. They exist as a no air cond coffee shop back then. Two shoplots. Now with air cond, only one shoplot.

      Delete
    2. I see. The shop looks big despite one shoplot. You staying/studying nearby pudu last time?

      Delete
    3. Studying there. You studied in one of the schools in Sri Petaling?

      Delete
    4. I went to a few schools. SP school is one of them.

      Delete
    5. Oh, why go to so many schools? You moved houses a lot?

      Delete
  6. Very salty means fail lah. Nope no idea where this place is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puduraya I know la haha. It has been a long time I haven't been to that area already.

      Delete
    2. This Pudu is not that near puduraya.

      Delete
  7. I passed by this shop many times but did not try anything.

    ReplyDelete