Sunday, April 25, 2021

Belly and The Chef

Recently I read about this eatery that just started business early April 2021 in Taman Bukit Indah, OUG called Belly and the Chef. People are queuing up to eat there to take photos of the cafe to show on insta. 

After looking at the interior design of the cafe from the photos in this online review, I decided to take a look at the area as it is just on the route of us going home from our weekly commitment. As I am not dining out, I bought takeaway from this cafe as the food sounds tasty too.

I think I need to highlight that despite many people associating the word belly with pork belly, this eatery is a pork-free eatery. It doesn't serve pork. There is no pork in its menu.

This grilled salmon is fresh with no fishy taste. The mashed potatoes is lightly creamy so I like it a lot. The spinach however is on the salty side and could be less salty. Best thing is that the portion is just small enough for me to eat in one sitting after giving half the salmon to my spouse.

The 3 scallops are juicy and plump with salty taste. The pumpkins and arugula make a good accompaniment. I had to keep some of the al dente round creamy cheesy risotto rice for another day as it is very rich.

The mint dip for the salmon which is not required by me. The cheese crisps are very tasty and crunchy.

Updated on Wed 28.apr.21:
It is not mint dip. It is basil pesto dip. After I ate it on Tue 27.apr.21, I realised that it is not mint dip.

Box is sealed with a sticker with their logo on it.

Just two boxes and two plastic tubs.

Packed in a plastic bag. I didn't need to enter the cafe to collect my order as the staff handed the bag to me which I waited outside.

This cafe is in this white end lot building. This stretch of unassuming looking buildings houses a few other insta worthy cafes such as Tanuki by Crustz and The Sherry.

Entrance is on the side. I overheard that for those without reservations, the wait for a seat is 3 hours.

The bill. Total MYR 82.70 nett inclusive of 6% service charge.

10 comments:

  1. It does look like a very nice place despite the name. Mint for salmon? Usually that goes with lamb. I wonder how they get rid of the smell of the salmon - I'm not fond of that so it is not my favourite fish, My girl loves it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't like the name? Not sure why they give mint for salmon. no salmon taste means is not salmon. This salmon is not fishy but of course has its salmon taste else I would think it is not salmon. Many people do not like the salmon taste. I guess u r one of them.

      Delete
  2. I forgot how different an eater we are compared to each other. Small portion is a good thing?
    But then there are similarities also. Go to a restaurant that self implies to be good at oinks and buy fish dishes. I don't mean prefer fish over oinks, I mean buy things unrelated to their forte or something LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their belly is not referring to oink cos this is a oink free eatery! Lolx! Talk about misleading names. Hahahaha! 😂

      Delete
  3. The food looks pretty good. Having to wait for 3 hours without reservation shows that this place must be very, very popular. Oh the mint sauce is black, just like the one provided to me when I bought frozen lamb chops. I haven't tasted it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very dark green so appears in the photo as almost black. Just open less than one month so must be popular due to the unique interior design. Food is good but portion is too little for you. 😄

      Delete
  4. This time around the food looks really good especially the grilled salmon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which round food doesn't look good? 😆

      Delete
  5. So the belly is fish belly? The chef's belly? Haha.

    Food looks atas and from the receipt... yes atas too.

    Now curious what you're going to do with that mint dip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Customers' bellies! Lolx!😂 Portion is small so u won't be full. Oh, u reminded me about the mint dip. I totally forgot about it. Will eat it tomorrow with bread. 😋😋😋

      Delete