Thursday, April 1, 2021

Matcha Flan Cupcakes

On Mon 29.mar.21, at 7 pm, this box of dessert was delivered.

A box of 6 at MYR 45 nett. They are home based at Ara Damansara so the delivery fees by Lalamove is MYR 28 nett.

Side view - the matcha cupcake at the bottom is in a dark cupcake holder.

Top view - flan is similar to an egg custard with a layer of caramel on top. I taste egg but he tastes condensed milk for the flan so he doesn't want to eat this dessert. I didn't drop by my friend's place so I couldn't give them any so I am eating one a day and two on day 1. Will be cleared on Saturday.

Side view - after removing the cupcake holder to show the matcha cupcake which is made from Niko Neko Matcha. This high quality matcha will convert people who dislike artificial matcha favours into matcha lovers.

Cross section - the center matcha ganache has solidified because I just took it out from the fridge. This matcha Flan cupcake is sweet, eggy, milky, soft and a bit sticky so luckily it is quite small so one a day is just nice as dessert.

I read this piece on insta and ordered a box of 6 because the description sounded so delicious. Currently they are on a break and will not be selling any items until further notice.

22 comments:

  1. Not a fan of anything matcha but a lot of people swear by it! These sure look very nice, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cos u haven't eaten very good quality matcha before.

      Delete
    2. All those artificial matcha flavourings taste really awful, I agree.

      Delete
  2. Another treat! It's like your birthday every other day. :)

    This one looks nice and pretty too, but do the parts really match well together? A lot of things going on for a single cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must live like everyday is everyone's birthday cos never know when it will be the end of the world.
      Yes, the tastes match well especially for those who like eggy, condensed milk and quality matcha taste. So yummy!

      Delete
  3. I don't mind trying anything matcha though. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely your whole family would love this dessert! 😋😋😋

      Delete
  4. I wonder how the combination taste like... Looks inviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As it is on the sweet side, it goes very well with kopi O kosong or Americano or Long Black! 😋😋😋

      Delete
  5. looks like matcha cupcake being stacked with egg custard...i prefer to eat them separately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend u eat them together because this combination works very well, that's why it is so popular in Philippines.

      Delete
  6. Matcha or not matcha, I take! This cupcake looks so unique, a special combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! U eat this with kopi O kosong, sure u will like! 😋😋😋

      Delete
  7. Your partner doesnt like milk taste??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He doesn't like any dairy products taste which includes milk, butter, cheese and etc.

      Delete
    2. But the weird thing is he is ok to eat only Scs salted butter on bread. Lurpak salted butter on bread also ok. But unsalted butter is a no and the same salted butter used to bake cookies also is a no. Weird weird weird.

      Delete
    3. Not weird lah :) i am also like that. I don't eat cheese but I love cheese cake. I don't eat butter but I love butter cake. I don't take milk or cream but I love ice cream.

      Delete
  8. Very interesting cupcakes. I like the flan but not the matcha cupcakes. I love green tea but somehow dislike matcha desserts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If u eat this, 90% you will like it because surprisingly the two go very well together but too bad, cannot find this cos not that common. Just like u found a taiwanese restaurant u like, one day u will find a matcha dessert that you like. So far u haven't kissed enough frogs to find your matcha prince. 😂

      Delete
    2. Cannot generalized. Just because all the matcha desserts u have eaten so far are not nice, doesn't mean all matcha desserts in the world u will find not nice. Good quality matcha desserts will make u fall in love with them. I think a trip to Tokyo once this pandemic is over will make u fall in love with their high quality matcha desserts. Very difficult to find good ones here. Poor Nana cannot even survive here cos many people will just generalized n wouldn't give them a chance.

      Delete
  9. I wonder how this combination would taste like, i like egg, i like custard and i like matcha so i guess i would like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you will definitely like this combination if u like condensed milk taste. Should have some Eateries selling this in sg. Let me google n let u know.

      Delete