Saturday, April 10, 2021

Watercress Soup

 Yesterday, Fri 9.apr.21, we went to Midvalley Mall for our weekly grocery shopping from 11.30 am to 1.50 pm. When we reached there, I was still feeling full from breakfast at home but he was hungry so we walked to Warung but they don't have beef rendang so we ate at the PopCorn Food Court instead.

Watercress soup and rice at MYR 8.90 nett. I went to buy some siew yuk from another stall for him for some variety.

From stall number 5, Kim Zen, watercress soup at MYR 7.30 nett and a bowl of white rice at MYR 1.60 nett.

From stall 20B, 21B Eight Treasure, a plate of siew yuk at MYR 15 nett and a bowl of spicy sour mustard greens at MYR 3.50 nett. This is the smallest portion of siew yuk but he couldn't eat them all and I am keeping my mask on so I am not eating anything. To solve this, I went to buy chapfan takeaway to store the remaining siew yuk.

Bought this rice with 2 vege dishes at MYR 6.70 nett from stall 1 which is the popular chap fan stall. Wanted to have enough space to put the siew yuk and mustard so just took very little of brinjal dish and yin choy dish.

He managed to squeeze both remaining siew yuk and mustard greens in.

Another view.

3.39 pm - I ate a bowl of the food we brought back from the popcorn food court for my early dinner and didn't eat anything else for the rest of yesterday. The mustard greens dish is so appetising. The remaining food he ate for his dinner.

Hotpot kitchen at Midvalley Mall has a reopening after renovation. They has been at this spot since Sept 2017 which used to be occupied by Manmaru Udon restaurant back in 2014.

Now they are using the open concept with no walls enclosing their dining in customers.

12 comments:

  1. Only watercress in the soup? No meat??

    The siew yuk looked good. I like mustard green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got some bones and a bit of meat under the watercress vege. Mustard greens dish is very appetising. I like it too.

      Delete
  2. That plate of siew yoke looks so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The plate of siew yoke and spicy sour green mustard make me drool. Your chap fan looks delicious with the added siew yoke and spicy sour veg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spicy sour mustard greens is very nice. very appetising. Now I think of it I also want to eat. That's why I eat one bowl of the chap fan at 3 pm something already full until this morning.

      Delete
  4. I want that inviting siew yoke too. Imagine eating it with sambal. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is salty enough on its own without the sambal.

      Delete
  5. And the moral of the story is... everything looks better with siew yuk!

    I also take spicy sour veg for chap farn if available. Although my mum says never take that coz it consists of leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if we cook spicy sour mustard greens at home, we will also cook it with remaining siew yuk or roast duck parts la. As long as those remaining parts are not those served to customers then should be ok, right? So your mother cooks this dish with roast pork or roast duck, not those remaining parts ah?

      Delete
    2. Probably resistance to having food displayed out all day and eventually turned into this dish. At home the food wouldn't sit out the whole day. Anyway I don't bother much about that, I barely go for chap fun especially this last year of working from home.

      Delete
    3. After cooking, the food should be fine. But if your helper knows how to cook this dish at home then of course u don't need to buy from outside.

      Delete