Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Popular Stall

There is always a long queue at the mixed rice stall at Popcorn Food Hall, Midvalley during lunch time.

 I guess for a stall in a shopping mall, these prices are to be expected but these prices are not considered very expensive as there are more expensive mixed rice stalls in other food courts in this mall. I think 2 veg dishes with rice at MYR 7.50 nett is less worth it than 2 meat dishes and 1 veg dish with rice at MYR 10.50 nett unless one is going for a vegetarian meal.

My friend felt like eating fish so she took just one small piece of Soong Fish (松鱼) from this stall as shown in the photo above. The price of ala carte Fish/Seafood is between MYR 4.80 to MYR 8. We were expecting a worst case of being charged the max price of MYR 8 nett. Luckily they did not go that far and only charged MYR 5.80 nett. I guess if we want to save on eating fish, we would have to cook fish dishes ourselves at home.

18 comments:

  1. Haha the plate looks so big compared to the fish, i like to eat the fried fish that my mom makes, yums!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say song fish tend to have fishy taste, which is why we chose red snapper out of the three choices of grouper fish, song fish and red snapper or maybe fried song fish will not have the fishy taste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the fish is fresh, then the fishy taste will not be detectable.

      Delete
  3. Oh my!!! Such a small piece of fish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fishes are expensive as I just told STP in his blog. Haha. I haven't been buying fishes for quite sometime.

    Prices are steep as expected in high end shopping mall. I have been to the Mid-Valley food court few times but I don't remember I bought food from the mixed rice stall. Too many stalls there, tempting to me. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are more than one food court in Midvalley. Which one did you go to?

      Delete
  5. Fish is expensive and I usually steer clear of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you do cook salmon at home sometimes, right?

      Delete
  6. This is such a hilarious photo of the tiny fish. Muahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. luckily I don't work in offices in prime shopping malls...food prices are steep and not much cheaper option, even veggie + rice is already RM7.50...I tink I will just eat air....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IOI City Mall should be considered a prime shopping mall too.

      Delete
  8. They only charge RM1 for either additional meat or veg. Definitely the meat option is more worth it. If they keep to the price list lah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If swap 1 veg for meat, then add RM1 but if add 1 meat to the 2 veg, then add RM2.

      Delete
  9. Perhaps they encourage the patrons to take a balanced meal.. with just another ringgit, can get the meat portion too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. add RM2 to add 1 meat to the 2 vege. Add RM1 is to change 1 vege into 1 meat.

      Delete