Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Champs

After reading PH's reviews about the fantastic food at the Champ's at the food court - A Foodie's Nest at Starling Mall, I brought my spouse to try the Chee Yok Fun (soup) with egg at MYR 17.50 nett. The broth is super rich just like how PH described it to be. The broth even has the taste of the much sought-after wok hei. It is so thick and rich that I can only stomach one tablespoon of it.

We also tried PH's other recommendation - the Wat Tan Hor from Champ's at MYR 18.50 nett. It has 3 big prawns which I like. My friend said that the noodles (Hor Fun) in the Wat Tan Hor is not enough for her. The portion of noodles is too small although the portion of the overall dish inclusive of the gravy and toppings is big. It is full of wok hei so many people would like it.

My other friend had the pork knuckle rice set (MYR 15.20 nett) from the Pin Qian Klang Bak Kut Teh stall next to Champ's which PH also reviewed. She likes the thick herbal broth. I tried one spoonful of the broth and find it to be very tasty with a strong Dang Gui (Angelica sinensis) taste which I also like.

Nett prices on the menus with no extra charges or taxes.

Champ's and Pin Qian Klang Bak Kut Teh - side by side at A Foodie's Nest, Starling Mall.

20 comments:

  1. Finally you got to try them and wrote a review on them, I would want the Wat Tan Hor, are there livers in the Wat Tan Hor, I love livers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm quite sure I would enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like wok hei dishes... must be very fragrant too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time go Starling mall when you are in One Utama? It is just nearby 1u.

      Delete
  4. My wife has flown overseas this morning, so I will head to Champs to eat Chee Yoke Fun for dinner. I could drink all the soup broth to the last drop. Yums!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The dish looks rich & tasty indeed! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...all looks good. I like the thick soup/gravy of all the dishes above!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could see it looked good and broth was rich. I love the wok hei noodle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made me laugh when you said you could only stomach one tablespoon of the soup. Yes, it is indeed very thick and rice. I just love it. Wow your friend found the wat tan hor portion too small. I thought it was quite big.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend loves eating noodles so although the portion inclusive of the gravy and ingredients is big but the actual quantity of noodles is small.

      Delete
  9. Everything looks good. Long time haven't eaten wat tan hor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting... I have never been to the food court in Starling.

    ReplyDelete