Friday, April 16, 2021

Ah Her BKT n Zesty KFC

 Midvalley Mall weekly grocery shopping yesterday, Thu, 15.apr.21 so it was brunch for him at a new eatery.

11.20 am - a single portion of five flower bone which is the exact literal translation but I wonder which part of the body is this meat from and one bowl of rice.

Total bill is MYR 27.84 nett.

Goh Huey Kut is described as special lean cut. There is quite a lot of meat provided. Placed order at 11.18 am. 

Please click on these 4 pages of menu for a larger image to read the names of the dishes.

Would anyone order a bowl of abalone at that price?

Side dishes.

Drinks which we didn't order any.

This eatery replaced a Thai eatery. At 11.20 am, only two tables were occupied including ours.

It is next to PopCorn Food Court.

It is also near Hotpot Kitchen.

A light tasting bkt broth. Would you order any dish from the menu above?

*** Zesty KFC ***

Zesty crunchy KFC. The taste is spicy, salty, sweet and sourish.

Total bill is MYR 54.45 nett because I bought one set for my friend too.

18 comments:

  1. I'd rather have the bkt than that KFC. Looks good but looks like a lot of meat for one, can share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course can share but I am not taking off my mask so he has to eat all, lolx! 😂

      Delete
  2. I didn't know there is a bak kut teh in Mid Valley...either I was oblivious or it was because I had not gone to Midvalley for ages. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This bkt is new and just opened. Of course you didn't see it when u were here before the pandemic.

      Delete
  3. That the first time I see bkt shop in a mall.

    Abalone?? I still have few African abalone cans at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In kl it is common to have bkt shop in a mall. One utama has a bkt shop inside for a few years already. So what do you plan to cook with your abalone?

      Delete
  4. so u just sat there and watched ur spouse finish his brunch? What do u have for brunch/lunch then? So, do u like the zesty crunch? Mine wasn't that spicy...it was just mild spicy, so i guess it should be ok for those who can't take spicy food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, watch him eat. I wait until back home to eat the zesty KFC la. Ok la the zesty crunch but too flavourful for me. The spiciness is ok for me but overall too many tastes. I prefer kfc original recipe taste. 😋😋😋

      Delete
  5. Nowadays all the eateries are very quiet... Ipoh now is Infected here and there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surprise that you can find bkt in a mall. Long time haven't eaten bkt. I think I have a packet of bkt ingredient, maybe I can buy some meat to cook one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can think of a few malls with bkt eatery inside. One of them is one utama. Since always raining, can cook bkt to eat. Nice to warm the tummy. 😋😋😋

      Delete
  7. Five flower bone is a cute new vocabulary to me!
    I always prefer to eat all lean and plenty of soup with rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For this one, u need to add soap then. The 5 flower bone meat is all lean.

      Delete
  8. I tried the new zesty KFC yesterday but the flavors did not make an impression on me. I found it quite spicy hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zesty KFC is supposed to be chimichurri sauce that you have eaten before. Not same? I have not eaten chimichurri sauce before so I don't know. The zesty chicken kfc I got wasn't that spicy so maybe not consistent or maybe I didn't eat all the skin. Lolx!

      Delete
  9. Interesting cut of meat, that.

    I'm not planning to try this KFC flavour after seeing bad reviews everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly lean meat.
      I think you can try to see what you think.

      Delete