Monday, April 26, 2021

Sunday Routine

 Every Sunday we will go to Taman Desa to buy food from Sing Kee coffee shop at around 10.30 am to 11 am so that more dishes are ready for their economy rice aka chap fan stall and Sepetang coffee shop which opens early at 6.30 am. Yesterday Sun 25.4.21, we did exactly just that.

Sing Kee coffee shop - I brought my own big container for the economy rice and selected plain rice, curry chicken with potatoes, yin choy, tofu, minced pork patty and mixed vegetables - 2 meat dishes, 1 tofu, 2 vege dishes and I think the price is MYR 10 nett. Both of us shared this big tub of chap fan for lunch at 11.45 am.

This economy rice stall uses a big sheet of transparent plastic sheet as a hanging curtain to shield the dishes from the customers. The staff will scoop the dishes and the customers just need to point at the dishes.

Siew yuk with plain white rice at MYR 7 nett from the same coffee shop. He ate a few pieces of roast pork with the economy rice for lunch and kept the remaining portion for dinner.

5.49 pm - He stirfried the siew yuk rice with one waxed sausage from about a year ago and some vegetables and left 6 tablespoons of this rice for me which I ate.

6.11 pm - I then ate my small portion of rice with my regular condiments which are curry potatoes, tiny prawns curry, peanuts, anchovies, half an hard boiled egg, long beans, cucumbers from my favourite nasi lemak stall at Sepetang coffee shop at MYR 7 nett. No nasi lemak for him cos he won't be able to eat 3 portions of rice in one day.

Left egg tart is from Sepetang coffee shop and right egg tart is 1 of 3 from Sing Kee coffee shop. Each one costs MYR 2 nett. I also bought 2 pork siew baos at MYR 2 nett from sing kee coffee shop. Total spent on egg tarts and siew baos is MYR 12 nett.

The Sepetang egg tart seller asks me to buy pineapple rolls and so I bought one tub at MYR 17 nett. There are about 26 or 28 pineapple rolls.

The pastry crusts taste a bit salty. The fillings of pineapple jam paste are sourish sweet and he said that the paste covered the slight butter taste so he can eat these pineapple rolls. I find the fillings taste like the dried snacks assam boi, sourish sweet.

*** Cleared Food from Fridge ***

Sunday 25.4.21 morning at 9.30 am, I ate all the remaining risotto from the previous day, sat. The bottom layer of the risotto rice is still soft so I ate the risotto directly from the fridge without heating it up.

Remember this salted egg yolk.croissant bought from Dotty's Pastries at KLCC on sun 18.apr.21? I kept a huge clump of salted egg yolk fillings from it in my fridge to be used as bread spread.

What a huge lump of salted egg yolk fillings from inside the croissant!

On Friday 23.apr.21 at 2.30 pm, I spread half of it on two slices of whole meal bread.

Melt it a bit in the microwave.

Use a 3rd slice of whole meal bread to soak up the melted salted egg yolk fillings and ate all 3 slices of bread. Tastes just like salted egg yolk lava bao aka lau sar bao.

After eating the salted egg yolk fillings with 3 slices of bread, I ate all these raw bitter gourd from my brother's home vegetable garden. They were refreshing and made me hungry very soon after that, way before my early dinner time. So if one doesn't feel like eating, just chew some raw bitter gourd to regain one's appetite.

9.30 am yesterday, sun 25.apr.21, I used all the remaining fillings on a other 3 slices of whole meal bread.

Melt the fillings a bit using microwave.

What a golden bread spread! I can't believe one salted egg yolk croissant takes me 3 days to eat the fillings. Lucky I didn't dine in for it else I would need to consume this huge amount of fillings at one go.

14 comments:

  1. Yes, they never let the customers help themselves to the food at the Chinese chap fan places here too unlike at the Malay nasi campur places. Problem is you do not know how much to take and may be charged double for servings that are, in their opinion, too big and you end up paying a lot.

    Btw, I think you have a typo here: "Bought of us shared this big tub of chap fan..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for spotting the typo. Corrected it already. Here at most places, they allow customers to Scoop but after the pandemic, to ensure hygiene u think some places change to disallow customers to Scoop the food themselves.

      Delete
  2. Egg tarts from Sepetang shop? I wonder if it is related to Kuala Sepetang in Perak. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can easily tapau the whole week's of food from a chap fan shop. Freeze and slowly eat.

    LOL at all that croissant filling! Are you still ok? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that keen on frozen chap fan la. I would rather eat cold kfc or mcd, lolx! 😄 Of course I m ok la. Y u think is not ok? Mooncakes fillings some vendors put for one whole year before selling the next year, hahaha 😆

      Delete
    2. As long as you're not tasting salted egg yolk in everything. :p Kidding.

      Delete
  4. oh...pineapple tarts! looks good...and not crumbly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Means u want them to be crumbly or not crumbly? Tastes sourish sweet so is appetising.

      Delete
  5. It is good that the chap fan shop is taking hygienic measure by using a plastic sheet to shield the food. Looks like both of you are small eaters. I like the varieties at the chap fan. Haven't been to one for a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely good to have the plastic sheet. You cook so we'll so no need to go chap fan la.

      Delete
  6. Yes, I prefer that the vendor takes the dishes himself rather than leaving it to the customers... those days, OK but nowadays, it is unsafe...
    So you did not waste the salted egg fillings, what a good idea to spread them on your bread instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya better for vendor to take the dishes now. I do all that I can not to waste food.

      Delete